Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla EV Tax Credits coming back?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
12 hours after ignoring the Tesla Vision button, I received a text and email asking me to schedule delivery...On my way to call SA for the order hold...
Update: 4 hours after ignoring the delivery scheduling text/email, they forced upon me a pre-selected date. I called in right away and SA refused to put my order hold, threatening to cancel my order if I try to put it on hold. Said it is a "new" policy enacted this week...

I agree to a certain extent, but the question of the bill's passage is very much related to the fact that the worthwhile spending on sustainable energy is included in a huge social program spending spree. The spending that we are discussing here, tax credits, would have better placed in the compromise infrastructure bill, where it would have had support on both sides of the political aisle. The question of passage is definitely related to the politics of social spending and the amount of spending on the energy questions. By combining so many issues, the whole question is mired in the barely relevant reconciliation procedure.

My two cents, I'm pessimistic about the bill's passage and therefore no tax credits. I'd love to see the provisions separated and maybe the tax credits passed on their own.

I have no horse in the race. I took delivery of my Model Y in early September at a price $6,500 less than the current price and no $3,645 NJ sales tax. I'm enjoying the car rather than sweating out the tax credits.
I don't disagree with anything you have written, but I think you misread my original comment. I specifically called out political soapboxing which is very different from a reasonable discussion around the topic of these tax-credits and associated politics involved in the passage of this policy. There have been some posts that simply go on a political rant while adding absolutely nothing to the discussion here and they certainly aren't changing anyone's mind here or "converting" anyone.