Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla EV Tax Credits coming back?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think there is a whole new business opportunity with all these new evs on the road. a mobile charging stations. could get big trucks with electric generator that are charged up that go around giving stranded evs a charge to get to their next stop. $100 :)

I think there is a whole new business opportunity with all these new evs on the road. a mobile charging stations. could get big trucks with electric generator that are charged up that go around giving stranded evs a charge to get to their next stop. $100 :)

Hook up one of these diesel generators to your Tesla and charge other EVs.

Generac MMG25IF4 20/21kW Mobile Diesel Generator with Isuzu Engine

Hook up one of these diesel generators to your Tesla and charge other EVs.

Generac MMG25IF4 20/21kW Mobile Diesel Generator with Isuzu Engine
I hope this is not the same power source for Elon's new house in Texas. ;)

6ecfe7d1-4c2a-4229-9473-e349d5c3989c-elon-musk-tiny-home-cover-2.jpg

Last edited:
I hope this is not the same power source for Elon's new house in Texas. ;)

6ecfe7d1-4c2a-4229-9473-e349d5c3989c-elon-musk-tiny-home-cover-2.jpg
It could be. LOL. He is moving to Mars, so he does not need a big house.

Reactions: FlatSix911
I thought I remember reading that certain city wants to integrate EV charging with light poles.
It's already done in some cities, including parts of London.

More broadly, to keep the installation cost down you want:
- existing power
- existing urban furniture on which you can mount the EVSE

Light posts (lampposts) are excellent locations.

Who knows the real story, but the media is painting a picture of Manchin potentially softening. From the linked article:

Manchin told reporters after the call he and Biden had “a nice conversation” and that he is “engaged” with the president.

He said he and Biden “were just talking” about “different iterations” of the legislation.

Asked if the $2 trillion bill could pass by Christmas, Manchin replied, “Anything is possible.”

He declined to say how long the call lasted or what he and the president discussed specifically, and his office released a statement describing the conversation as “productive.”

“They will continue to talk over the coming days,” it said.

Asked Monday evening if enough progress had been made for him to vote on a motion to proceed to the bill, Manchin replied, “That’s what we’re talking” about.

Biden tries to budge Manchin

Senate Finance Committee has released updated text. EV credit starts on page 508. It looks like this version will be reviewed by the Parliamentarian but is subject to further changes. It still includes the union bonus which will likely get cut. Language still shows effective date of Jan 1. No changes to income or MSRP caps.
There was speculation from one relatively solid mainstream outlet that as a measure to pacify Manchin the $4,500 US/union built add on could get shifted to simply “US-built” before it is shipped to House. Which would mean $12,500 for teslas qualifying for a credit.
So that is now at one extreme end of possibilities. I’m thinking the other end -- that Manchin sinks it entirely en route to switching parties -- is much more likely.

Senate Finance Committee has released updated text. EV credit starts on page 508. It looks like this version will be reviewed by the Parliamentarian but is subject to further changes. It still includes the union bonus which will likely get cut. Language still shows effective date of Jan 1. No changes to income or MSRP caps.
Looks like the income caps have been reduced from the initial drafts?

Reactions: mwdietertg
There was speculation from one relatively solid mainstream outlet that as a measure to pacify Manchin the $4,500 US/union built add on could get shifted to simply “US-built” before it is shipped to House. Which would mean $12,500 for teslas qualifying for a credit.
So that is now at one extreme end of possibilities. I’m thinking the other end -- that Manchin sinks it entirely en route to switching parties -- is much more likely.
Good news and should have been this way all along.