Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry for the acronyms - TA is right - a SUTI is the type inspection - VIA is vehicle import approval (permit) - as per all vehicles - you must go through this process also prior to a vehicle arriving - however as "this" unit needs certification - you cant apply for a VIA until its certified (as it as yet has type approval) - hence the two step process - only for this vehicle though as once type approval is granted - VIA's are processed between the time the boat sails and the time it arrives - all details you wont need to worry about and are handled by T

- - - Updated - - -

the smart money would be a traveling roadshow - syd / melb / qld / sa - with the option of flying to syd if reservation holders miss their state. this was highly successfully for me with the Roadster - it is going to be an important part for the majority of reservation holders to "get your bum in the seat" prior to making final spec and production decisions - and you want to ensure that you are in sequence as per your order. In CA, we had Get Amped Tours that were fantastic (some of our reservation holders flew over with me and took part - it was great) - and an awesome way to spend a weekend (or multiple) covering off TD's with reservation holders

- - - Updated - - -

Correct HeoStat - AU authorities always think they are the highest standard of safety - in fact it is Europe and the TUV is the international standard for safety, emissions and technology - we are OK with Model S

- - - Updated - - -

ummmm.....it was RHD

Being in Perth am quite used to buying things without the pleasure of viewing or testing and looks like this won't be any different. Can't imagine the a test drive will put me off buying or impact my choices on options, just keep telling myself how much more exciting it will be when my first ever drive is in my car.

Being in Perth am quite used to buying things without the pleasure of viewing or testing and looks like this won't be any different. Can't imagine the a test drive will put me off buying or impact my choices on options, just keep telling myself how much more exciting it will be when my first ever drive is in my car.
My concern is that I really want the handling pack but will struggle to justify the $180k associated price tag, and that the demonstrator will most likely be a P85+. This means that I may be disappointed with the handling of the S85 on 19s.

I wish that they were sensible and offered an S85+. I'd rather handling than extra acceleration.

My concern is that I really want the handling pack but will struggle to justify the $180k associated price tag, and that the demonstrator will most likely be a P85+. This means that I may be disappointed with the handling of the S85 on 19s.

I wish that they were sensible and offered an S85+. I'd rather handling than extra acceleration.

I think in the US they are primarily P85s for test drives so I'd be surprised if it was a +.

I receive a daily NAB AUD movements newsletter - today it said: · Market data released last week showed that the speculative market has flipped to a net long position of AUD for the first time since May 2013.

That's good news - hopefully the AUD will continue to track higher.

I receive a weekly NAB newsletter and it has the AUD at 84c buy end 2014 and 80 by end 2015. The AUD will clearly fall back to its historic average as the economy struggles with high costs associated with the AUD and the slow down in Chinese output.

Similarly there are people waiting for pricing before making a reservation.
" before the end of this week" to quote Jerome. It is an excruciating wait after 3 years. I find myself obsessively checking in many times a day. Enough already. Even though Jerome did publish the pricing formula, it does not help with signature pricing. It still remains a guess, a good guess, but a guess anyway.