Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think all of the Melbourne reservation holders should've recently received an email from Cary - no news other than what has been already mentioned, but it was good of him to make contact with the latest timelines and indicate his availability to "talk Tesla"! Exciting times.

I think all of the Melbourne reservation holders should've recently received an email from Cary - no news other than what has been already mentioned, but it was good of him to make contact with the latest timelines and indicate his availability to "talk Tesla"! Exciting times.

Yeah! He also suggested to me that we could do a group one for all the Melbourne reservation holders who were that way inclined? I said I'd be up for that.

Most chipsets are universal these days and if Tesla weren't already using a universal one then they have likely switched to support other countries.

Not correct.
Sierra Wireless AR8550 module is used on the module behind touchscreen: http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=45312&d=1395148747

It needs to be a Sierra Wireless AR8552 to have correct frequencies for Australia.
Without that its likely operating in 2G or at best 2.5G mode.
ATT Developer Program

Anyhow no doubt they will have this sorted with the 'real' cars, but i wouldn't be surprised if the homogenisation car was based on north america.

Not correct.
Sierra Wireless AR8550 module is used on the module behind touchscreen: http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=45312&d=1395148747

It needs to be a Sierra Wireless AR8552 to have correct frequencies for Australia.
Without that its likely operating in 2G or at best 2.5G mode.
ATT Developer Program

Anyhow no doubt they will have this sorted with the 'real' cars, but i wouldn't be surprised if the homogenisation car was based on north america.

That's good information to know. I believe the homogenisation car was based on the UK version so I can't imagine they didn't switch to the AR8552.