Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
May be they only have to deal with a handful of issues (if it arises)? Not sure how many sigs are in qld? Just myself?

If they're prepared to ship a sig before the service centre is open then, for the small amount of production orders in these states, they should really just ship those too (albeit a little later than the sigs). Any small number of issues to handle in servicing would surely be offset by the visibility of cars on the local roads and the likely local publicity/sales generated as a result. As somebody said previously on this thread there's an issue of 'chicken and egg' here but if they have the eggs then they may as well put them in the nest and watch them hatch : )

I'm a WA buyer and pulled the trigger regardless of delivery date. Was a little dejected when I heard we'd be waiting till 'early next year' for delivery but have waited so long now that figure another 6 months is no biggy. Does make me wonder if there were any Sig cars ordered from WA/SA and if so how Tesla will handle their delivery. Any theories/knowledge?

Hey Adapptor,

Where did you hear that we would be waiting till early next year? Is that confirmed by Tesla?

Have been confirmed delivery of my Signature car at the same time as other signature cars (End August or September). They were not sure if they will have to ship mine from Sydney or ? The finer details were not clear. This discussion only happened last week. As JOH describes, it should'nt matter how long the wait is (if it does not affect you personally!), as long as the wait was well worth it. Stressing on this matter is not worth while.

congrats! If they are happy to deliver yours, then perhaps mine is shortly following!

No company wants the PR nightmare of cars on the road (no matter how few or how minor the problem) that can't be serviced or need to be serviced in another state with a lot of running around so I can understand the logic in waiting for a service centre before delivering production cars. For the signature owners, there is probably the assumption that being early adopters they will be more tolerant of minor service issues and willing to wait for someone to fly in from outer state if there are any (also cheaper for Tesla as they only need to travel from out of state to service those few signature problems and this service plan will have been built into the $40k premium payable when reserving the sig).

I'm very curious to know when the showrooms will open up, especially in Melbourne and Perth. I emailed Cary about it but of course he said there isn't a set date. Feeling very impatient, I've been wanting to boast to my friends but unless they see it in person they'll have no idea what all the fuss is about! When I lived in San Diego it was great having the La Jolla showroom just around the corner!

I'm very curious to know when the showrooms will open up, especially in Melbourne and Perth. I emailed Cary about it but of course he said there isn't a set date. Feeling very impatient, I've been wanting to boast to my friends but unless they see it in person they'll have no idea what all the fuss is about! When I lived in San Diego it was great having the La Jolla showroom just around the corner!
When I had my Sydney test drive I was told that the delivery centre will be ready for deliveries. I'm not sure if this means that they are well in advance or deliveries are a long way off. I'm guessing the former.

- - - Updated - - -

Congratulations on pulling the trigger! Did you sleep?

God! I've never lost so much sleep over something. Welcome voyxr6 to the deprivation although I suspect you have lost plenty already. Confirming the order doesn't solve the problem, I suspect only delivery will!

Hi Adapptor,
Nice to see another Perth Tesla S owner.
I had a test drive on Saturday in Sydney. Placed confirmed order next day.
We need more Perth owners to get a service centre here ASAP.
Mine may arrive April 2014 and it will be hair raising driving around with zero backup.
If it stops for any reason, I figure I'll just get it towed back to my garage and polish if for a few months.

At last count there are 4 buyers in WA ? I tried to update the spreadsheet with not much luck...

rgds

Frank

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Dborn,
I had my test drive on Saturday 26th July in Sydney. Took the red eye flight out of Perth Friday night ready for a Sat. 3.00pm drive. Loved it and confirmed my order the next day.
Feels a bit strange buying a car with zero backup in WA for who knows how long.
Oh well I can sit in it and polish it for a few months in the garage if anything goes wrong.

Good luck with yours.

Rgds

Frank
Perth WA

Hi Frank, welcome! As far as service is concerned, they have had a ranger in this region for a couple of years who has been servicing the roadster. Worst comes to worst, you might have to finance a visit to Perth but I doubt it would come to that. I would write to Stone and ask him directly.