Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
58 Days between the first HK Sig going into production and the first HK non-Sig's going into production.

If that held true here, then we could expect to see AU non-Sigs going into production around 14 September.

And if 49 days from 'In Production' to 'delivered', then that gets delivery on non-Sigs to 2 November

Interesting. I thought to myself end October, so 2 November would be pretty close! As long as we get to enjoy it over the Xmas break I'm very happy.

58 Days between the first HK Sig going into production and the first HK non-Sig's going into production.

If that held true here, then we could expect to see AU non-Sigs going into production around 14 September.

And if 49 days from 'In Production' to 'delivered', then that gets delivery on non-Sigs to 2 November

I am #114 in the production Model S sequence, so there are likely a lot of cars produced before mine. I just don't know of them as they either aren't on TMC or didn't tell me (or - don't know it yet).

It could possibly be closer to 50 days between, maybe even less. As for deliveries - let's see, July 23rd was the first 8 Sigs, the 58 days will probably be quite close to the days between first sigs and first production - actually delivered.

Tesla in Australia?

For those of us in WA, here's a copy of an email I got from Stone yesterday.

I understand that you were looking for some more information about the process for customers that had ordered their vehicles in Western Australia.

I don’t have any definitive answers for you about how it will work at this stage, but our service and delivery teams are working on it right now.

Tesla wants to ensure that when we deliver cars to an area that we can also provide high quality service to all customers there. We have faith in our vehicles and their performance. If any issues were to arise and we weren’t able to quickly rectify the issue though, that could damage the customer experience. I speak for myself at the moment, but would personally rather ask for more patience than rush into a situation and assume it will go well.

My mobile number is (REDACTED) and I try to be available nearly 24/7 unless with a customer so please don’t hesitate to reach out.

Let me know how I might be of assistance to you and we are glad to have you as part of the Tesla Family.
All The Best,
[FONT=&quot]Stone Strickland [/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]|[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot] Australia Sales[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Sydney, NSW, Australia

[/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator:
I would. I received an email from Stone which was apparently sent to several people, were you copied in?
Nothing that hasn't already been discussed on this thread, only "we're working on it"

I replied that I'd rather take the diminishingly small chance I need a major warranty fix that will take a little longer to get sorted.

I would phone him but I'm overseas for the next few weeks.

I'll take those odds.
yeah but looks like Tesla won't :( No one wants a car here of any description so I can twist the wife's arm more than me. As it stands trying to convince her a weekend in Sydney or Melbourne is a good idea.

Just saw in one of the threads in the main forums that people are being quoted 2 days to build. So yeah, I would say the early sigs whose productions status is still "In Production" that it probably has been built already and Tesla are holding back for some other reason. Just speculation though.

I remember reading somewhere that Tesla doesn't say 'In Transit' until the car is actually underway, in our case on the boat. So they may be just cooling their wheels in their containers waiting for the Tramp Steamer to Oz. This group would be the four current 'In production' cars plus any early Sig customers not part of TMC.

Well I'm thinking the second they make right hand-side steering wheel versions available for the UK, they'll become available in Australia/NZ too.

Though is it actually illegal to use a left-hand-side car to drive on the left side of the road?

Also, how hard is it to convince Tesla to sell it to you in Australia? with enough money you can do anything i guess

How about... contact Tesla in Tillburg, Netherlands, and ask them to sell you an unregistered tax-free RHD British market model for export?