Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The new infinite mile warranty on the drive train is good for us in Australia, because we hues kilometres instead of miles we can have a 1.62 x infinity kilometre warranty:smile:

Like the Apple address? 1 infinite loop, Cupertino? Also infinite number of cells in the battery? Eventually there may be an infinite warranty on the whole car seeing that it is the " best car in the world".
Nevertheless good news for us here In oz.

Its a pity the new drivetrain warranty only applies to Model S 85KWH not the clearly 60 KWH model, well that how it reads...

"Today, Tesla announced that the Model S drive unit warranty has been increased to match that of the battery pack. That means the 85 kWh Model S now has an 8 year, infinite mile warranty on both the battery pack and drive unit. Moreover, the warranty extension will apply retroactively to all 85 kWh Model S vehicles ever produced."

Its a pity the new drivetrain warranty only applies to Model S 85KWH not the clearly 60 KWH model, well that how it reads...

"Today, Tesla announced that the Model S drive unit warranty has been increased to match that of the battery pack. That means the 85 kWh Model S now has an 8 year, infinite mile warranty on both the battery pack and drive unit. Moreover, the warranty extension will apply retroactively to all 85 kWh Model S vehicles ever produced."

In the design Studio it now says 200,000k and 8 years for S60, the others are unlimited KMs, so still pretty good.

Actually, the first and most critical sentence was "Tesla announced that the Model S drive unit warranty has been increased to match that of the battery pack." In the 85kwH model this is unlimited kms hence they drew attention to that because it sounds better than 200,000km.

Has anyone had any updates on the status of their car? It has been awfully quiet recently!

argh, tell me about it. Radio silence. Not sure if the first batch of cars are here yet or what.

I saw that Japan's launch is on 8th September (in the Jap thread) - not sure whether that's why it's been a bit quiet for us? I think Asia Pacific looks after Japan as well and they might be busy preparing for that.