Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Japan launch is on the 8th September!! So, last but not least is Australia. I am confident our launch will also be September. Question is when. My guess is third week or around the 20th. Elon is handing over the keys in Japan. Will he make another trip here soon after the last? This would accord with end quarter policies of the company.

Watch "Tesla Model S Road Trips | Fully Charged" on YouTube
Tesla Model S Road Trips | Fully Charged: Tesla Model S Road Trips | Fully Charged - YouTube

Simon Hackett to have sig#1 in AU?
I think Ian Brown is sig 1, he lives in Melbourne, plus his brother ordered a car about the same time, Simon lives in Adelaide so it seems most if not all of the first 5 don't live in Sydney. So where to have the Launch Event?
I would be happy to spend a weekend in Melbourne to go to the LE.

I think Ian Brown is sig 1, he lives in Melbourne, plus his brother ordered a car about the same time, Simon lives in Adelaide so it seems most if not all of the first 5 don't live in Sydney. So where to have the Launch Event?
I would be happy to spend a weekend in Melbourne to go to the LE.

Judging by previous events there will probably be 5 cars at launch, which I think means that they are all "first". Awww isn't that nice :)

I imagine the launch event will be in Sydney given that most of Tesla's staff are there, regardless of the fact that the first consumer cars won't be there...

Judging by previous events there will probably be 5 cars at launch, which I think means that they are all "first". Awww isn't that nice :)

I imagine the launch event will be in Sydney given that most of Tesla's staff are there, regardless of the fact that the first consumer cars won't be there...
We will know about two weeks before the event if HK and Japan are anything to go by.....
No indication of a delivery date on my dashboard, and there probably won't be until it is common knowledge anyway. I guesstimate around the 20th September, which will allow the earliest known completed sigs to be here. So, invites from about early Sept on.....
For that matter, mine could also be here by then, if my knowledge of shipping is anything to go by..and I have some.

Last edited:
We will know about two weeks before the event if HK and Japan are anything to go by.....
No indication of a delivery date on my dashboard, and there probably won't be until it is common knowledge anyway. I guesstimate around the 20th September, which will allow the earliest known completed sigs to be here. So, invites from about early Sept on.....
For that matter, mine could also be here by then, if my knowledge of shipping is anything to go by..and I have some.

Not to get you set for disappointment but I think you have some chance that your car would be in the first lot. What I am waiting for is another lot to enter production.... The last lot were LGGD(+1) over 19 days ago.

As I mentioned before I think that the bottleneck is at this end - until they get fully established they could not do too many cars per week.

LGGD, Is your car still in production?

Hi Guys - I'm part of regular production with a 60KW model S on order - my dashboard just changed from "Sourcing parts for your Model S" to "Your Model S has entered the production queue at our Factory in Fremont, California." - I seem to recall others reporting a status of "In Production" - can anyone confirm if their dashboard ever showed "Your Model S has entered the production queue at our Factory in Fremont, California." and then how long it took before changing to "In Production" and then to "In transit" - just trying to get an idea about the timeline of the process others have experienced?

- - - Updated - - -

BTW - I spotted a black Tesla roadster in Petersham (Sydney) area today - first time ever spotted a Tesla on the road here by chance - my neck still hurts for the double take! :) Nice to see what hopefully soon will be a common occurrence.

Hi Guys - I'm part of regular production with a 60KW model S on order - my dashboard just changed from "Sourcing parts for your Model S" to "Your Model S has entered the production queue at our Factory in Fremont, California." - I seem to recall others reporting a status of "In Production" - can anyone confirm if their dashboard ever showed "Your Model S has entered the production queue at our Factory in Fremont, California." and then how long it took before changing to "In Production" and then to "In transit" - just trying to get an idea about the timeline of the process others have experienced?

Hi Afritek, it seems to be a new status between "we are sourcing parts..." and we assume next step is "in production". As far as I know the few australian cars that have already been "in production" never had this queuing status so we don't know how long it will last.