Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Needless to say, Allianz is the dearest, in my case by a factor of $450.00!!!! This is useless spent money. Seems that Tesla may have got a deal from them and the actual figure will be lower, but i wouldn't count on it. I think this needs action by all NSW members of this forum!! Check your own quotes with the calculator, and email in your findings!

I tried a heap of different combinations and could only come up with a max of $100 difference between all of them. Since the max was $600 are you saying that your green slip is only $250?

I tried a heap of different combinations and could only come up with a max of $100 difference between all of them. Since the max was $600 are you saying that your green slip is only $250?
Allianz worked out around $880 and QBE around $450. Maybe my age or the fact that I included 26 year old drivers.

OK, I recalculated leaving out the other drivers and that made a huge difference. Much closer result to Mark E.

Last edited:
My expectation would be that the local drive articles are embargoed so that they will appear on the day after the launch online and in newspapers and will be combined with announcements from the launch particularly supercharger rollout. My best bet for the launch is the evening of Thursday the 11th of December or if not then the evening of Friday the 12th. We will know soon as invitations are going out next week.

Review published today.
Tesla Model S Review | CarAdvice
Based from USA, so no embargoes breached, I guess.

The section about braking was a bit confusing/misleading. He seems to be suggesting that you leave regen braking in "low" mode. I don't know anyone who doesn't get used to the regenerative braking in the first ten minutes, and leave it as normal for the rest of their life. And there is no connection between the regen (on the accelerator pedal) and the brake pedal, which is what gives Prii and Leafs their inconsistent brake feel.

My expectation would be that the local drive articles are embargoed so that they will appear on the day after the launch online and in newspapers and will be combined with announcements from the launch particularly supercharger rollout. My best bet for the launch is the evening of Thursday the 11th of December or if not then the evening of Friday the 12th. We will know soon as invitations are going out next week.

I'm sure you're right about the order but it wouldn't surprise me if the 12th was a worst case scenario and they brought it forward once the invites went out.

s6dTtcr.gif

For anyone going nuts waiting for a P85D...the acceleration effects of the D.

I love the reporter's hair but especially Elon's gut being sucked back by 1.0 G :smile:

I saw a white car the other day at the showroom, and I wonder if that was not one of those older cars... This white car was of course, being driven by a Tesla employee whom I did not recognize. He was showing it to one of the builders/workmen. Could that be the fate of those first cars? Demonstrators and press test cars? ( and possibly future loaners?).
I was told the launch was going to be early in December. I understood from that week one, not week two. Invites are supposed to go out next week, so we should soon be put out of our misery!!

I think this white car was the one on show at Macquarie Centre yesterday (outside DJs) - it had nice carbon fibre trim/yacht floor with black alcantara dash, white alcantara /pano roof and grey 21" turbines - and did not have the autopilot sensors so may have been one of the orders that was changed to autopilot - sound familiar to anyone??

I think this white car was the one on show at Macquarie Centre yesterday (outside DJs) - it had nice carbon fibre trim/yacht floor with black alcantara dash, white alcantara /pano roof and grey 21" turbines - and did not have the autopilot sensors so may have been one of the orders that was changed to autopilot - sound familiar to anyone??

I was in it on Tuesday and it's definitely not a Sig.

Thanks for the pics. (my neck hurts...)

Looks like it will be purely a service centre. Leave the 'showrooms' for the shopping malls.

Although I guess once it is operational, it is where you collect your new car.

I guess those aluminium windows could be removed to have a drive away experience.

Still, it's the only hospital in town once you are an owner.

Not a terrible spot for an inner city supercharger. Close to the freeway if in a desperate need. Traffic usually pretty bad around there though.