Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today's Australian Financial Review (print version) has a full page article on Model S in lifestyle section. Pretty positive review.

This one?

AFR Tesla's Electric Dream

- - - Updated - - -

Hey, Tesla is a car company with Silicone valley links - they don't know what ties or any sort of formal dress is in that neck of the woods!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WL89x-y4M_M although Elon is wearing a suit and tie in this video.

- - - Updated - - -

Not many attendees are even though it is in London.

I'll be wearing smart Business Casual , no tie, as I will be coming directly from work for the Launch Event.

Wishing you well with your AUS launch. Be sure to post some nice pictures >

Just FYI our second Tesla MS has arrived in NZ. Steve West was of cource the first with his RHD red P85+ which I had the pleasure of viewing in Wellington on Thursday.

The second arrival is a green MS imported by Carl the owner from Norway. It is a Left Hand Drive car.

So we now have a RHD ex; the Tilburg factory in the Netherlands and LHD ex; Norway. Both guys imported their cars privately and arranged their own logistics/delivery

Cheers, Peter

From the article 'Tesla founder Elon Musk won't be making it to native shores for the launch'

Sadly I can pretty much confirm that. Due to a stuffup at Japan launch I was also going to Australia launch (where I had Sig #10), and HQ implied fairly strongly a bit over month back that I may be disappointed that Elon wouldn't be there personally. FWIW although it was nice to finally see Elon in person in Japan, due to the number of the people there and the very short time he made himself available, the experience was rather underwhelming and honestly wouldn't have been much different if he was holographically projected onto the stage (actually, that may have even been more exciting if done well...)

So, I feel sorry for you guys who may have been hoping for him to make an appearance downunder, but wishing you all a great launch party and now you can focus on what this is really all about - an amazing car and the great experience of meeting other owners and fans.

In the meantime, sending you some Model S love from the autumn streets of Japan.
tesla11.jpg