Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla infotainment system upgradeable from MCU1 to MCU2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got the Email also. Like how they say IF I want the FSD computer upgrade, I must get the info/ MCU upgrade.

This makes you wonder - what type of visualizations will MCU1/HW3 cars have? I mean, if it has city driving, wouldn’t it NEED to show stop signs/traffic lights? Otherwise how would you know if the car plans on stopping?

Capture.PNG
It does not say MCU2 free

His & Hers Tesla on Twitter

so...MCU2 to MCU1 + FSD owners...."free"?

Reactions: ironwaffle
That would be called a “core charge” in the business.
And they do not have one listed in the price so they better be returning everyone’s property and not spouting a load of BS about how they “own” the replacement parts.

They probably priced the upgrade with them keeping the old MCU. They might have a different price if you keep it, or they might not allow upgrades where you keep it.

This is about as close to getting a new car for just $2500+ tax opportunity as I have had all my life. And may be a little better than a new car 'cept for the new car smell. Newer cars Mar '18 also could get this upgrade. They will then be on par with the older cars that get this upgrade. However, they are paying for Premium Connectivity. We are not. YAY !!! Finally pay to be old(er). Made my day.

on the testla version of tunein or phone version? (my android version has all of the stations that I listen to on local fm when I am traveling for years that I have been using tunein radio - they have gotten more annoying for sure on their phone app with more ads and premium version push in recent times).

It was removed from both... I listen to WWJ in Michigan.

Removing AM and FM is Tesla's 'headphone jack removal' moment, so stupid and needless. Or maybe, just maybe streaming actually works 100% of the time on the upgraded MCU, it would sure want to be better than what the MCU1 manages.
And do you get to keep your screen as part of the change over or will we need to go through the de-yellowing process again.

Reactions: MIT_S60