Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla iOS App not working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else having a really hard time with the Tesla iOS app not connecting to your car? I can usually get it to work by signing out and then signing back in. I've noticed that TeslaFi is still working and it doesn't seem to happen at all whilst connected to the charger at home.

The bluetooth key is still connected but it keeps giving me the "Network Error" message after a minute or two of trying to connect.

Reset the car, hard reset my iPhone, and deleted and reinstalled the app. iPhone 12 Max Pro (or whatever it's called now).

Thanks

I’m having the same issue. It was working fine today away from home (and this morning while at home on WiFi), but once the car is connected to WiFi it seems to have issues.

I reset the app, logged out/in, reset my phone (Apple), reset the car, it Finally seemed to work when both phone and car were off WiFi. Later it returned to the same issue.

Anyone found a solution? I'm having the same issue as well. Tesla app will only connect to the car when my phone is on wifi. If my phone is on 5G/LTE (full bars), I consistently get a "network time out" message or an unending spinning wheel. When I turn back on wifi on my phone, Tesla app connects instantly to the car. This has been happening over several days now.

I tried all combinations of logging out, logging back in, deleting/re-download and installing the app, restarting my phone, hard/soft reboot of my Model 3, deleting/adding my phone back as a key to my Model 3. Fairly frustrating as that's pretty much the point of having the app... If anyone has suggestions, I'm game to try it.

Another issue (minor, but unclear if related) is that when I rename a keycard in the Model 3 to whatever, a minute or two later the system automatically renames the keycard back to "key card".

I am having the same issue. A few other interesting data points, if it helps:
- when I use the Stats app, it connects fine
- I uninstalled the Tesla app yesterday and reinstalled it and then it worked for a while, but not working again today (even after waking the car up first via Stats app)
- I have AT&T but since the Stats app works, I don’t think it’s a carrier problem

Same problem for me. I also have AT&T but can’t imagine that’s the problem. I can’t connect to the app when I’m away from the house for the most part. If I delete the app and reinstall it will work temporarily but i have to set up the key again which is a pain. Next day it doesn’t work.

very very annoying. Need to figure out the issue.

Same problem for me. I also have AT&T but can’t imagine that’s the problem. I can’t connect to the app when I’m away from the house for the most part. If I delete the app and reinstall it will work temporarily but i have to set up the key again which is a pain. Next day it doesn’t work.

very very annoying. Need to figure out the issue.
I really think it is an ATT problem. I mentioned it before, maybe in a different thread, but I was out a few nights ago and had my friend sign into the Tesla app with my credentials. All night, it worked perfectly when we pulled out up. This was on a Verizon iPhone.

crazy frustrating.

I really think it is an ATT problem. I mentioned it before, maybe in a different thread, but I was out a few nights ago and had my friend sign into the Tesla app with my credentials. All night, it worked perfectly when we pulled out up. This was on a Verizon iPhone.

crazy frustrating.

but how would i approach AT&T about this?me to customer service - My phone won’t connect to my car. CS- Do you have service? Me - Yes. CS - Do you have internet? Me -Yes. CS - Then it must be an issue with your car and not our problem. Thank you goodbye.

I have uninstalled and then reinstalled the Tesla app on my phone and then it worked for a short while before it stopped working again. Perhaps when you had your friend let you use his phone it had the same effect as reinstalling the app?

The fact that the Stats app works and Tesla app doesn’t leads me to believe this is a Tesla app problem and not AT&T.. but just guessing. Very annoying for sure.

I have an X but have been seeing the exact same issue. I have ATT and am having major connect issues, my wife has Verizon and can connect every time.

TC

crazy frustrating.

• Informative
Reactions: captanzuelo