Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla is communicating better.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got the best kind of communication this morning: DELIVERY of S00912! Great delivery experience, amazing car. Its been interesting with a few glitches but three phone calls to my DS and the customer hotline seems to have solved the problems. SW update is installing now (yes something even newer than 14) that is supposed to fixed some charging problems that happened. Will check again in the morning after the installation is finished. What a fun day, even with a few minor glitches. Good communication and service, that makes glitches tolerable.

Got the best kind of communication this morning: DELIVERY of S00912! Great delivery experience, amazing car. Its been interesting with a few glitches but three phone calls to my DS and the customer hotline seems to have solved the problems. SW update is installing now (yes something even newer than 14) that is supposed to fixed some charging problems that happened. Will check again in the morning after the installation is finished. What a fun day, even with a few minor glitches. Good communication and service, that makes glitches tolerable.

Yay Steve! Andy and I were just talking... you were over due. Look forward to hearing more about it, and seeing it in person. ;)

Fantastic! Congrats Steve, Can't wait to see it blowing by me on SR-14 :)

I commented earlier that Tesla did not respond to my email inquiry. I emailed again on Monday to four different addresses and got a response this morning. It mentioned that I'd addressed the first incorrectly. Sure enough. The people at telsa.com must be wondering, what the heck?

No VIN yet but we're to expect one in the next couple of days. That's something!

I commented earlier that Tesla did not respond to my email inquiry. I emailed again on Monday to four different addresses and got a response this morning. It mentioned that I'd addressed the first incorrectly. Sure enough. The people at telsa.com must be wondering, what the heck?

No VIN yet but we're to expect one in the next couple of days. That's something!

Oops. Looks like Tesla.com is just a parked site.

I'm currently experiencing my first problem with Tesla not responding to emails. I've emailed [email protected] a couple of times last week asking for some information and have gotten no response. Not even a note to say that, while they have no more info to give me, they've received the emails and will follow up. My biggest concern was to get a VIN so that I can buy insurance. My current insurance provider doesn't do Model S apparently.

I imagine they're crazy busy right now and it was at the end of last week so it's possible that they were out of the office for the weekend (but I doubt it). In any event, I'll give it a few days.

Don't worry about it. I got insurance the same day I got the car (decided last minute to change providers because my existing one was stupid expensive). There's an insurance thread over here if you're looking.

That's good to know! The only issue that I could foresee is that, since I buy insurance through a broker (a family friend), I might run into an issue if delivery were to take place on a weekend. But, given how quick it apparently is, getting me the VIN as they load it on the truck should be more than sufficient.

Maybe it's different in California. When I picked up my Roadster, I was required to bring proof of insurance. My agent supplied that without a VIN, saying I was covered the first 30 days under my existing policy. I called him a couple of days later and got him the info.

Maybe it's different in California. When I picked up my Roadster, I was required to bring proof of insurance. My agent supplied that without a VIN, saying I was covered the first 30 days under my existing policy. I called him a couple of days later and got him the info.

That's what I've done with every other vehicle but the company providing my existing policy doesn't insure Model S. I imagine that the language of that gap coverage is something to the effect that they will cover whatever you buy for 30 days, but I'd really not like to have an accident and find out that the coverage is limited to vehicles they insure.

I am going to contact the broker on monday and find out exactly what he needs.

I'm currently experiencing my first problem with Tesla not responding to emails. I've emailed [email protected] a couple of times last week asking for some information and have gotten no response. Not even a note to say that, while they have no more info to give me, they've received the emails and will follow up. My biggest concern was to get a VIN so that I can buy insurance. My current insurance provider doesn't do Model S apparently.

I imagine they're crazy busy right now and it was at the end of last week so it's possible that they were out of the office for the weekend (but I doubt it). In any event, I'll give it a few days.
I got a response to my VIN request today. the DS that sent the email noted that my VIN would be issued 10 days before the vehicle is ready for delivery.
when I recieved my "home delivery confirmation" email they gave me a window of 19th dec - Jan 2nd.:biggrin: the email from the DS today indicated the END of January.:cursing:
the preapproval draft I got from my bank yesterday is only good for 60 days. we will see which deadline expires first.:scared:

Last edited: