Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla just lost one customer, i know they dont care but i do !

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why? New A6 premium plus looks nice.
I love technology.
They give you 4 yr warranty and loaner every time if you need it.
Im not sure what will happen after 4 years but im not planing to keep it after warranty period.
Tesla also gives a 4 year warranty which so far I've never had to use. The one time it was in SC for free FSD computer upgrade I was given a loaner without asking.

My brother-in-law has gotten lots of use from his warranty. Your milage may very.

I agree it's a nice looking ride just a bit slow lol.

Reactions: kayak1
Oh yeah, i forgot to mention that, i could hear child screaming in the back while talking on the phone, could barely understand her, and everything sounded very unprofessional.
This was used vehicle order, i know Tesla does not care about used cars but in that case leave those transactions to someone else than.

And you are right,that is very good idea to go now with one ice vehicle and one electric. Problem is that even with new Tesla i have to go trough same people-process i think. And i was told to hold on ordering any Tesla while this issue is pending, for some reason

Doubtful you’d go through the same people for a new Tesla.

For me I just ordered online, made sure I uploaded the required documents, paid and car was delivered. Pretty easy. And tens of thousands of other people seem to have no problems at all.

And it’s not like you’d be dealing with that same person every day of ownership.

Anyway, good luck with your A6.

Reactions: kayak1 and vegas888
Sorry to hear of OP’s (and others’) trouble. My CPO purchase process (about three months ago) wasn’t flawless, but I think the sales adviser can make all the difference.

My first one was OK, and eventually got my $100 back for me when it turned out that the car I wanted wasn’t in the state the system said it was in.

My second one was awesome. Super communicative. Went through all the online photos with me on the phone and told me what each was intended to show, etc. Sold me on the car when she told me Tesla had changed its policy on transport from flat fee to distance based and I would get all my money back if I refused delivery.

If anyone wants her name/contact info, just DM me.

Todd

If someone from Tesla told me "look,we apologise,this will be resolved in 1-2 months 100%,you will get your money back and you dont need to call us back anymore,just relax, you can reorder another Tesla vehicle without issues and let us know if you need any help" i would probably just order another Tesla and end of story.

But what i got is " dont order new vehicle untill this issue is resolved,we didnt charge your card at all,can you prove we charged you destination fee, we will investigate and that can take up to 45 days, if you dont hear from us in one month call us back' !

I know im in minority group, not everyone have this problems, we are family with 3 cars and i was ready to have issues with MS being in service shop or issues after delivery.

But ordering now Tesla again and deal with same ghost sales advisor who never called me and probably same other people over the phone is just too much for us now.

I will go with my plan B, probably getting A6 , i know its ICE car but hopefully will last next 4 years untill Tesla become more customer oriented
If Audi their new MMI is horrible. Make sure you don't get a 2019. I had a huge problem with with the Q8. Absolute worst.

• Informative
Reactions: TK16688
Sorry to hear of OP’s (and others’) trouble. My CPO purchase process (about three months ago) wasn’t flawless, but I think the sales adviser can make all the difference.

My first one was OK, and eventually got my $100 back for me when it turned out that the car I wanted wasn’t in the state the system said it was in.

My second one was awesome. Super communicative. Went through all the online photos with me on the phone and told me what each was intended to show, etc. Sold me on the car when she told me Tesla had changed its policy on transport from flat fee to distance based and I would get all my money back if I refused delivery.

If anyone wants her name/contact info, just DM me.

Todd

How do i change my advisor?
My advisor is from CA and im in Nevada

That sucks you had a bad experience. I think it’s just the luck of the draw in who your advisor is and which SC is handling the delivery. Some of them suck and some of them are great. I’ve had two great used car delivery experiences so far with the San Diego service center and Carlsbad service center. The contactless delivery was awesome. Showed the guy in the tent outside my ID, was taken to the car, looked it over, signed the papers in the car and I was off.

The only hiccup I’ve ever had was when I ordered a center console for my 2015 and it sat in the service center for a month because they forgot to call me to setup the install appointment.

To be frank, we have NOT all had issues with Tesla. The few issues are broadcast over some forums to make it seem as if there are hundreds of cases, while there are not. Yes, we pay for technology, but you don't have to give up basic service, what little there is of that. (I've had four Teslas, and have never returned for service after picking them up at the SC. That's in over 200,000 miles) Other mfg.s use service as a major profit center, with constant oil changes and filter replacements, brake service (Tesla brakes will last forever since regen has gotten so good) etc., etc., etc.

I feel it is a Service Center issue, with some SCs being really good, and others not seeming to care. My recommendation would be for people to shop around. I have a SC that is about fifty miles from me, but after doing business with them a couple times, I travel 115 miles to use a dealer (NOT service) who treats me better. That was three cars ago, and my satisfaction levels have increased considerably.
No they will definitely not last forever.

I’m sorry you’re having so many issues. I think part of the issues is that the used department is working from home right now and not in their office.

I ordered used last year and had zero issues. And fwiw my delivery was paid when I picked up the car. I know that was a year ago and things have changed.

covid isn’t making things easy at any dealerships. Here in wa state everything had to be contactless. Sales. Service. Everything. This isn’t Tesla specific it’s the law.

I’ve bought new and used from Tesla both flawless but new is quite different than used. Used it take it as is u less they didn’t show an issue in the pics. New is they fix any issues. maybe for your family best to start with new purchase and have both ice and electric.

I also bought a used MS about a year and a half ago, and it was a good transaction. Was it what you might expect from a traditional car dealer? Not at all, but did it work and did I get a car I'm absolutely happy with, for sure. As Alysashley79 said, these are very strange times, and all companies that have sales and customer support folks working from home are struggling. We all need a heaping helping of patience and understanding less we devolve into a lifestyle we wouldn't wish on our children...

Oh yeah, i forgot to mention that, i could hear child screaming in the back while talking on the phone, could barely understand her, and everything sounded very unprofessional.
This was used vehicle order, i know Tesla does not care about used cars but in that case leave those transactions to someone else than.

And you are right,that is very good idea to go now with one ice vehicle and one electric. Problem is that even with new Tesla i have to go trough same people-process i think. And i was told to hold on ordering any Tesla while this issue is pending, for some reason

contrary to popular belief Tesla does care about the used sales....I just think that how it’s managed is poor. they store them on Mannheim lots (these are the same facilities repo are stored. So you can imagine...) and half the used sales team know what they’re doing and how to move things along and half don’t have a clue and being home away from everyone else makes it even worse. You can ask for your DS manager and go from there if you want to go used.

used and new are completely different teams. in fact you order 100% of the order process is online. You’ll be contacted by a human at your service center local to you when it’s time to pick up your car. If you have sales related questions about a new purchase the people reside at your local service center.

Reactions: kayak1
I agree until Tesla gets a serious competitive segment contender, nothing will change. We purchased a MY in June 20 and it came in as a mess. We were talked into taking the vehicle. There were way to many issues and needed a lot of repairs. For a new vehicle, that was disappointing. After the run around in getting a service date for repairs, which we were told can be a month out, we decided to turn it in within the 7 days. Upon return, it was explained to us that we could not order another vehicle exactly the same for 1 year and the refund would take 8 weeks. We were disappointed that we were told we will have to wait a year to re-order. The MGR said that is correct, and stated we can repair the one you are returning. I didn’t feel confident nor felt safe to keep the MY.
It was like they were going to put us on a list so we can’t purchase a future vehicle of the same color and trim design. Would think they would want to sell a vehicle to as many people who want them as possible.
I guess not with that tactic.
Now my concern is how long will it take to get the $60k refund. It’s been now 3 weeks and I’m hearing others have yet to receive their refund pass 8 weeks. I love the technology, but people in charge on customer service and QC are nothing to ever rave about.

I agree until Tesla gets a serious competitive segment contender, nothing will change. We purchased a MY in June 20 and it came in as a mess. We were talked into taking the vehicle. There were way to many issues and needed a lot of repairs. For a new vehicle, that was disappointing. After the run around in getting a service date for repairs, which we were told can be a month out, we decided to turn it in within the 7 days. Upon return, it was explained to us that we could not order another vehicle exactly the same for 1 year and the refund would take 8 weeks. We were disappointed that we were told we will have to wait a year to re-order. The MGR said that is correct, and stated we can repair the one you are returning. I didn’t feel confident nor felt safe to keep the MY.
It was like they were going to put us on a list so we can’t purchase a future vehicle of the same color and trim design. Would think they would want to sell a vehicle to as many people who want them as possible.
I guess not with that tactic.
Now my concern is how long will it take to get the $60k refund. It’s been now 3 weeks and I’m hearing others have yet to receive their refund pass 8 weeks. I love the technology, but people in charge on customer service and QC are nothing to ever rave about.

I just dont understand why i cant order ANY other vehicle while waiting to resolve mess THEY created.
Why i can not speak to manager or someone in charge.
Why i cant communicate via email.
And why im stuck with same sales advisor who send me emails about vehicles im interested but is silent when i got into this trouble.
Any Tesla executives read this forum?
We want to buy your cars. What we are doing wrong?

I just dont understand why i cant order ANY other vehicle while waiting to resolve mess THEY created.
And why im stuck with same sales advisor who send me emails about vehicles im interested but is silent when i got into this trouble.

You haven't done ANYTHING wrong, but Tesla sure has, by the way they've been treating you. That's why they don't want you as a customer. You know too well how crappy their customer service is, how what they pass for "within spec QC" is so laughable. You are now on their blacklist, since you've known about the dark side of Tesla vehicles and the ownership experience. Tesla much prefers new blood, the innocent, uninformed kind that will happily take possession of vehicles with defects, believing that the service center will expeditiously take care of any issues. You're just too much trouble, there are much easier fish to catch.

You can start another process. I had up to 3 sales advisors when I purchased my used M3. Just keep on the process. You will get what you want. Remember they have bad service but they love money. Find another car with another sales advisor. Call your local Tesla shop and work with them or call the shop in the city that has the used car you want. With the MY we turned in and were told that we weren’t able to purchase another one exactly with that trim. I started calling around to the shops in my state until I found someone who found another MY with my exact specs and bought it the next day, not a year, the next day.
If you want it and have the money it will get done. Tesla’s Car sales system should be interconnected from manufacturing to sales delivery to even service. But there is not a connection, they work as they are independent from one another. They don’t even go through and delivery process when the cars arrive at the shop. They just clean them up and call the customer. The mentality is everything before the car arrives is not my concern, and it should. There is no ownership of consumer issues to achieve a resolution that in turn world further the relationship
Until it hurts financially nothing is going to be fixed or considered

The more I read posts like this, and OP you are far from being the only one, the more I think to Hxxx with the ext. warranty and when the time comes get a used private party MS off a premium new legacy car dealer with a good discount haggled to include the eventuality of those MCU and DU $2-5k failures.