Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i dont know about australia but in europe it is illegal to use fog lights if the visibility is higher than 100m.
Yeh its illegal in most states here too, my comment is tongue in cheek sort of, but at the same time it is genuinely the only use I've had for it here in Perth.

One day from now, you'll be reversing in a dark alley somewhere with no one around to dazzle and wish you had a bit more light, then think of my hack and thank me ;)

ehm i dont know if you have ever driven in dense fog but there is no depth perception as the light is very diffuse. If you have depth perception then there is no role for foglights as they will dazzle people.

If you have 2 fog lights and someone comes around the corner those can be mistaken as brake lights whereas if you just have 2 very faint rear lights (or none as they may not be visible) with 1 brighter light you know it is a fog light. The colour isn't necessary that reliable.
I have driven in a fog a reasonable amount and in my opinion 2 fog lights is better than one as in thick fog 2 lights together still are visible as one glow ahead of you. Also if the fog is not dense enough for that, seeing one light does not mean it is a car with a fog light, it could just as well be a motorcycle or a car with a busted taillight. Mistaking the lights for brake lights is not a bad thing as it makes you more careful and possibly slow down to avoid driving into that car which is also the purpose of the fog lights.