Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine was delivered last Friday. Oh what Joy even if it was a few days later than originally advised. I have had my white P3D for a week now. Enjoying it very much especially the acceleration (care this weekend though as its double demerits)! All pretty good at delivery except for minor panel fit issue RH corner bumper and some scratches on console (and a few other very minor items). Had its tint done today and its booked in to attend to my delivery gripes on October 8. I originally reserved in May 2016 and ordered in early July 2019. I am heading to Albany as a test soon. Everyone who has ridden in it or driven it is blown away.

Any suggestions on reasonably priced electricians to install the TESLA wall charger appreciated.

Reactions: DavidRL
Mine was delivered last Friday. Oh what Joy even if it was a few days later than originally advised. I have had my white P3D for a week now. Enjoying it very much especially the acceleration (care this weekend though as its double demerits)! All pretty good at delivery except for minor panel fit issue RH corner bumper and some scratches on console (and a few other very minor items). Had its tint done today and its booked in to attend to my delivery gripes on October 8. I originally reserved in May 2016 and ordered in early July 2019. I am heading to Albany as a test soon. Everyone who has ridden in it or driven it is blown away.

Any suggestions on reasonably priced electricians to install the TESLA wall charger appreciated.
As an aside the reason mine was delayed from its original delivery date of September 16 to September 20 according to the Service Estimate paperwork left in the glove box was: Incorrect BMS (Battery Management System) Over Temperature Threshold (firmware update)
Fix was: deployed new firmware 2019.28 to vehicle OTA.
Correction: Firmware Update -Repair

The Service estimate also includes a box that notes" date promised" as September 16 2019
So I guess this was the battery issue that affected cars on the Cap Capricorn (mostly earlier VINS)

• Informative
Reactions: TH232 and Anubis
Still waiting for my refund of deposits, the car officially settled on the 28th of Aug 2019. I have heard up to 8 weeks, I would expect it might be an end of quarter figure thing - and I have asked a couple of times.
thanks for the info. As usual getting a response out of Tesla is difficult.
On a related Tesla silence issue: how do you know if the 1500km of free supercharging is included if you used a referral code? it does not show up anywhere that I can see.

So I picked up my Blue P- this afternoon in Canberra (due to be delivered on Monday, but the car carrier let me know it was availble for pickup at the depot in Mitchell today :)).

Does Tesla have to do some setup before a phone can be connected to the car as a key?

I had to get a mate to drive it home for me as I was still groggy because I arrived from Europe this morning (48 hours with no sleep :-() Tomorrow is play time :)
Tesla does have to do something to set up your phone. If you are having the vehicle delivered TESlA will send you an email with a number to call and an email to respond to first confirming "yes" you have received the car. They wont set up the phone until you email them a "yes"

I had the same issue, it turns out that having too much vertical angle can limited the horizontal. If you angle the mirror down a bit you can adjust it out further and then angle it back up as much as necessary (or possible)
yes I had the same issue, but it seems ok now I have driven it for a bit. I think i found that you need to go out horizontally first and then up as much as you can as you suggest. Once it has reached its travel on the RHS mirror it will jump to the LHS mirror and mess the setting up for you lol.

Another option. Order a plate bracket from Lakin and use double sided tape until it arrives LAKIN Custom Plate Brackets, Add some CLASS to your car
For WA you can get half size plates (width not depth). As these are just 190mm wide they are narrower than the plate bracket and the holes do not fit, so careful drilling of the plastic plate bracket is required to take the self tapping screws supplied.

This may be a time consuming request so much thanks in advance.

For the poor SR+ owners who are stuck without any mats, could someone with full premium factory mats please provide some photos with basic measurements?

I’d like to get a few meters of automotive carpet from Bunnings and trim to fit, just to get me by while Tesla manages to get some more stock in a couple months time.

Reactions: MonicaPlease
No VIN and haven't heard anything from Tesla other than a text a couple of weeks ago, I've kept my expectations low because of everything I've read but even still I'm really not impressed with this lack of communication.

Clearly I won't have the car in September like they told me when I ordered but come on, a heads up on which month it'll actually be coming would be nice. Like others have said on here I certainly won't leave out this part when someone asks about the process of buying a Tesla.

No VIN and haven't heard anything from Tesla other than a text a couple of weeks ago, I've kept my expectations low because of everything I've read but even still I'm really not impressed with this lack of communication.

Clearly I won't have the car in September like they told me when I ordered but come on, a heads up on which month it'll actually be coming would be nice. Like others have said on here I certainly won't leave out this part when someone asks about the process of buying a Tesla.

Exactly the same here, initially indicated a September delivery upon ordering, but over the last 2 weeks it's becoming increasingly clear to myself that's not going to be the case. I've called the sales team and emailed Brisbane delivery numerous times, no response to emails and no significant information when calling other than 'you should receive it before December', and even that's not guaranteed.

Definitely not the kind of purchase one would recommend to anyone expecting any significant feedback between the 'ordering' and 'delivery' stage. Any significant push to obtain information over the phone is met with the salesperson offering the choice between 2 options: 1) Wait the unknown period to be called, or 2) Cancel the order and get your deposit back. Neither is appealing, but as their product is so good, it has to be option 1 for me.

In saying that, I'm still quite dissatisfied with the process and will be certain to mention this little 'easter egg' to every single person whom indicates to myself that they are interested in purchasing from Tesla.