Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I assume the traffic cones is to demonstrate the car is looking at other things apart from road lines to navigate?
I was wrapped we got smart summon, assumed it would not get passed our draconian road regulations.
The "hold mode did not work for me out of the box (still creeped) and even when I selected it in the options, still not working. Will play with it some more this evening.
You turned off creep mode and switched to hold mode?

The "hold mode did not work for me out of the box (still creeped) and even when I selected it in the options, still not working. Will play with it some more this evening.
With 36.2.1 many people reported that they needed to force another restart on the car before that started to work properly, so you may want to give that a go as the same might apply to 36.2.2

I assume the traffic cones is to demonstrate the car is looking at other things apart from road lines to navigate?
I was wrapped we got smart summon, assumed it would not get passed our draconian road regulations.

I had to save it to my profile otherwise it reset me to creep again when I started up. Then it worked just fine.

I had to go to the post office at lunch time and spotted some traffic cones about 300m past it. My passenger remarked "Why are you passing the post office?". ...Try explaining why you did to a non Tesla driver whilst sounding like you have not lost the plot. :rolleyes:

The "hold in the two buttons on the steering wheel" restart?
I would suggest going one step further. Put the car in park, hold break pedal and the two buttons on steering wheel until it goes off to restart, then let go of the pedal and buttons and wait for it to come back :)
I was thinking second option from following list:
Here's How To Reboot Your Tesla Model 3

Last edited:
My update is complete. I think the whole debacle I had before was it saying it had an update pending and then this new version came out.

Smart summon works fine. Don't really care about the road regulations debate and will be using this when safe to do so. I'm sure Tesla have gone through the appropriate steps.

Interestingly there is also "require continuous press" for summon which means I can disable having to hold the summon button down and the car just keeps driving until told otherwise. Kind of like cruise control for summon. (This feature is disabled in the EU). I have turned it off now, and can summon with just a single click.

This enables auto park when you leave the vehicle if you want.

upload_2019-11-14_17-0-49.jpeg

Require Continuous Press: By default, Summon requires that you press and hold a button on the mobile app or the key fob accessory to move Model 3 during the parking process. When Require Continuous Press is set to NO, you can press and release the button—you don't need to hold it down to keep the vehicle moving. Also, Require Continuous Press must be set to NO if you want to operate Summon using the key fob accessory instead of the mobile app (see Operating Summon with the Key on page 94), or if you want to start a parking sequence from inside the vehicle (see Starting Summon Before Exiting the Vehicle on page 95).

Last edited:
Just did a quick test drive around the block. "Hold" mode worked fine, no reboots required. Works both forwards and in reverse, and doesn't seem phased by hills either.
Yeah, just auto-holds rather than continuing to drive at 8kph while without creep mode before you just had to brake to a full stop and it holds while with creep mode you had to depress the brake fully to hold

Well, I succumbed and pulled the trigger :) LR AWD, white. I am not holding my breath for a "late November" delivery!

Easily the most expensive car I will ever buy. I could nearly get two new LEAFs for the price of this! But... the next longest range BEV available in Australia is the Hyundai Kona which has 100 km less range (although it does cost $30k less...), a form factor I don't like, no front boot, and of course no supercharger network! But it does have DAB+ radio :D There's also this: "Due to popular demand, the Kona Electric is experiencing extended delivery times while we restock." Longer than Tesla?!

I'll let you know when I get the call :cool:
Well... I got the call! My car is on a boat, I have a VIN assigned, and delivery will be between 9-20 Dec. I can’t quite believe this is happening... :D

Heavy traffic, leave in autopilot, done
Drove 25 minutes from top floor of four storey parking to shopping centre. Only time I touched accelerator after exiting parking structure was at last couple of corners as was only a few metres between each and didn't want car to speed off straight and to manouever between lanes if necessary. Only time I touched brake was because I had to in order to change gear between reverse and drive to manoeuvre into shopping centre car park at the end.

Pretty cool.

Did anyone else notice that in the release notes for 36.2.2 there was no mention of faster charge for SR+ on superchargers? According to those overseas who have already had version 36 software, it is meant to be a feature of this version of the software isn't it? Wonder if we aren't getting that charge increase here.

I don't get the fascination with the traffic cone thing. I can see them just as easily or better looking at the road and it doesn't impact the way the car drives, it already navigates traffic cones fine in autopilot

I have roadworks between home and my workplace and my M3P with FSD definitely did not navigate traffic cones fine on the prior software, it kept following the lines on the road until I had to intervene just before it ploughed them all down. With the new 36.2 update the car not just displays them on the screen, but it also navigates itself through them really well now.

How good is it to get ~5% performance increase for free?!?

This is INSANE - MAD - UNREAL!!!

I get that people have already commented on over the air updates bringing additional features, but to actually get a non-trivial performance boost?!?

.... I'd really hate to be a person in a position of responsibility at a traditional car manufacturer coming home from work tonight (or whenever this update first got released).

Reactions: korda