Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 Moments

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I almost felt bad walking a blacked out S550 Coupe today... in pretty heavy traffic he kept cutting people off, tailgating and hard accelerating through narrow gaps with his engine and exhaust roaring... but he kept getting stuck behind cars at the lights. After a few blocks of these antics, he finally muscled up to the pole position when I ‘happened’ to pull up along side... light turned green and the rest was history.

I know it wasn’t a fair fight, but the guy was being a d*ck... Too bad it wasn’t an AMG... that would have been more satisfying.

Nothing special, but I was on the highway in the HOV lane (which was stupidly on the right instead of left lane) and someone was merging from the on-ramp. Except he tried to gun it to jump ahead instead of just merging in behind. Don't remember what he was driving. I just said "Nope!" and stepped on the accelerator. He was 50 feet behind me before I even knew it.

I've had numerous since taking possession earlier this year.

Plenty of the dual thumbs up with Model S/X folk on the interstate while we're on autopilot. A lot of random people all over as I stop to shop take positive interest. A ton of rural folk in fly over country are the most interested contrasted against the average Tesla owner's stereotype.

All interactions have been positive except one. I was patronizing a Harbor Freight and as I pulled up another patron noticed me get out of my Model 3 eliciting a smirk. After a moment of consideration he queried "Bumper fall off yet?". I decided to play the troll "Oh yeah, every other day man. I just slap it back on with some Elmer's"

I was in NJ testing driving a RWD model 3 recently, and less than 5 minutes into the drive, as I was approaching a right turn lane, a very new Cadillac CTS cuts me off driving aggressively, to get in front of me, when there was barely any space, but no cars behind me, I had to jam on my brakes. Right after that turn, there was a light that was less than a quarter mile from that turn. It happened to be red, and the Tesla advisor in the passenger seat says, "pull into the right lane next to him, and when the light turns green, smoke him", with a serious face. I slowly look his direction with a smirk, and say "you sure?". "Yes" he replies. This is the first time I drove a model 3, and even though it wasn't a AWD or Performance, even only being the RWD version, the car leaped out from the light before the Caddy could try and flex its muscles, and left him with ease, in the back straining and shifting trying to catch up. The advisor said "I bet the Caddy wasn't expecting us to burn him". I could only imagine all the fun you AWD and Performance owners have on a regular basis.

I was in NJ testing driving a RWD model 3 recently, and less than 5 minutes into the drive, as I was approaching a right turn lane, a very new Cadillac CTS cuts me off driving aggressively, to get in front of me, when there was barely any space, but no cars behind me, I had to jam on my brakes. Right after that turn, there was a light that was less than a quarter mile from that turn. It happened to be red, and the Tesla advisor in the passenger seat says, "pull into the right lane next to him, and when the light turns green, smoke him", with a serious face. I slowly look his direction with a smirk, and say "you sure?". "Yes" he replies. This is the first time I drove a model 3, and even though it wasn't a AWD or Performance, even only being the RWD version, the car leaped out from the light before the Caddy could try and flex its muscles, and left him with ease, in the back straining and shifting trying to catch up. The advisor said "I bet the Caddy wasn't expecting us to burn him". I could only imagine all the fun you AWD and Performance owners have on a regular basis.

For the next trick.. get in front of the caddy, turn on autopilot.

Stick both hands out the window and throw double middle fingers.

Hold for a few seconds.

I was at a car vacuuming area from a car wash yesterday cleaning and minding my own business. The spot I was at is right in front of the line people pass through to get into the automatic car wash.

I opened up the front trunk to vacuum the inside and heard someone in those cars say "Why is that guy vacuuming his engine?". I left the frunk open the whole time as I cleaned everything and saw people perplexed just staring in amazement. A man cleaning his car next to me actually told me "I expected to see an engine in front but I didn't see any! How are you going to get home now?", in a hopefully joking manner.

I'm surprised people were surprised. This is Los Angeles, where you can see a Tesla at every corner! I would've expected most people to be familiar with the frunk by now.

Yesterday, just as I was parking the M3 for brunch, a very nice lady in a big white SUV pulls up alongside me. Not to park but facing opposite so she could talk to me. Excitedly, she asks what kind of car is that? So I tell her. She never heard of Tesla. She doesn’t realize it’s electric. She just says, “that is the most futuristic car I have ever seen.” And she hasn’t even seen the inside.

Boom. That was just the kind of primal reaction Tesla’s designers must live for.

Last week pulled up to stoplight like every other morning. One morning in particular a lady in an older 2000 something suv pulls up in the left lane next to me. Most of the time people who do this try to gun it and get into the right lane on-ramp. (Aka the lane I was in).

Light turns green, I hit my accelerator in a normal push (about 30%) so not gunning it at all. I accelerate and I hear from the behind left of me an engine screaming and still no luck to pass me. I wasn’t even trying, didn’t think she was dumb enough to try. Finally she gives up and merges behind me.

Another model 3 moment where I was glad to have summons. Stop in a restaurant for a quick bite to eat before seeing a movie with the gf. Come outside in the rain to see a shitty old suv about 5 inches from my entire driver side. He’s completely over the line and I’m pissed cause it’s raining, I’m worried his kids might have hit my door if he had any, and I can’t get in. Grab my phone, hit reverse in summons and then get in car like it’s no big deal. Take a picture of his license plate but unfortunately after I already moved my car. Was tempted to leave him with a flat tire but I’m not that big of a dick.

He could have parked bad on purpose or could have been just a bad Parker. Not sure. Hopefully never park near that dude again.

Last edited:
I took delivery of my Model 3 and proposed with the ring in the frunk... she said yes.

You are a g-d genius more than you will EVER know. And it’s not the ring in frunk.

You are bringing a Model 3 pre marriage. You bought what you want, when you want.

Post marriage:

Can I please have a Model 3?
No
Please?
No
Please?

6 months / 6 years later - YMMV
“Fine - leave me alone”