Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 Performance value at CarMax - appraisal lower than expected!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I actually doubt this. Anyone can talk massive amounts of *sugar* like OP did. There is no consequence for FUD.

Charity wager your car didn't depreciate 50% in 2 years with 25K miles.

Or maybe it happens only in NJ? LMAO

When you pay for stuff separately that is now given away for free you realize the reality. Heck the 90D I purchased was replaced with a 100D for less money and more battery a few months later. My car was also optioned out with every option of which most are now included for Free. Purchased today the equivalent Model S costs $92k new with 310 Mile range. My 90D after 10% loss in battery with only 25k miles only holds a 266 Mile charge from the 297 it had when it was new.

When you pay for stuff separately that is now given away for free you realize the reality. Heck the 90D I purchased was replaced with a 100D for less money and more battery a few months later. My car was also optioned out with every option of which most are now included for Free. Purchased today the equivalent Model S costs $92k new with 310 Mile range. My 90D after 10% loss in battery with only 25k miles only holds a 266 Mile charge from the 297 it had when it was new.

If you don’t mind sharing, got the entire feature set?

If you don’t mind being proven wrong on your value drop I can figure that out really fast. ;)

Remember also Tesla dropped prices off the board entirely to make up for the tax credit subsidy loss.

If you don’t mind sharing, got the entire feature set?

If you don’t mind being proven wrong on your value drop I can figure that out really fast. ;)

Remember also Tesla dropped prices off the board entirely to make up for the tax credit subsidy loss.

Tesla dropped prices several times over the past 2 years which is why the value sucks on the 90D. 90D to 100D was a $3000 for a short time before they lowered it the first time and included the upgraded battery. A Glass roof used to be $1500 then those were free, Powered Hatch needed a premium package then that was free. Smart Air Suspension was $2500 then that became included... Heated Seats was $1000 and then that became included, etc. Value for options paid and are now included destroy the resale value for paid items because they no longer need to be purchased. You can pretty much buy a fully equipped 100D for $92k. Those will be worth less than $60k in 2 years as well if they don't continue the trend of lowering the price of their premium vehicles.

We have a buyer :D:D:D

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190225-191747_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20190225-191747_eBay.jpg
    524.7 KB · Views: 84