Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S (Adelaide, South Australia)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Back on the road today. Thank goodness!

BTW, while at the service centre in Melbourne, my car got EV stickers added to the numberplates. Anyone in SA got those? I know they are required by law in Vic but I'm not sure of the regs here...

Glad to hear that you're back, mhh:)
Why are EV stickers required? Is there any advantage to having them in Vic? I've never noticed any Sydney-side....

They're a statutory requirement. Intended to alert emergency services to the potential for high voltages if they need to enter a vehicle unconventionally. There are similar ones for hybrid and lpg I believe. Whether they make any difference in the real world, or if they're just nanny-state feel-good BS, I do not know.

I did the trip from Melbourne to Adelaide and back via Raidis Estate over the weekend. The owners of Raidis are really lovely and there are a decent number of eateries in town, which is about a 20min walk. Blog post will be coming this weekend.

They're a statutory requirement. Intended to alert emergency services to the potential for high voltages if they need to enter a vehicle unconventionally. There are similar ones for hybrid and lpg I believe. Whether they make any difference in the real world, or if they're just nanny-state feel-good BS, I do not know.

i took mine off since they aren't a requirement here yet as far as I know.

I did the trip from Melbourne to Adelaide and back via Raidis Estate over the weekend. The owners of Raidis are really lovely and there are a decent number of eateries in town, which is about a 20min walk. Blog post will be coming this weekend.

Very interested to see what route and resources you used to make the trip.
How difficult etc. I guess wait and see the blog post ... :wink:

Personally, I avoid shopping centre car parks with their too-small spaces and don't-care parkers, but in the interests of science I visited today. Only one space is worth using as the other is too small for a Model S to get away unscathed with a Burnside granny-mobile hard up against it. Still one sign to go up by the look of it.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 95
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 89
Looks great Mark. You beat me to the visit! There are going to be two dedicated tesla parks from what I understand, so the one next to you should be ok as its tesla next to tesla. The end one might be a damage magnet though.
If anyone has potential locations for destination chargers, Frank Groot in Sydney is the guy to speak to.