Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Tesla Model S Battery Extended Service Plans from 057 Technology

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thank you. It’s just concerning since I haven’t heard back since last December. Anyone in my shoes who’s paid this much for anything would be very concerned. A periodic email update to paid customers would be wonderful. Not everyone is aware of this website or this specific thread.
8mo of no updates gonna look bad on any company...
no excuse for that even if stretched thin...

Reactions: ccalahan
8mo of no updates gonna look bad on any company...
no excuse for that even if stretched thin...
Hard to believe with this many members on tmc someone can’t swing by the nc office. I’ve had a few interactions with Jason on this site and he seems to be a good guy. I hope he can continue this service. It’s a bit of a stretch to give someone 2,000 of your money and not hear anything from them even when you try to contact them. That scares me into rethinking whether or not I will purchase the battery warranty. Is there any communication at all after you pay?

Hard to believe with this many members on tmc someone can’t swing by the nc office. I’ve had a few interactions with Jason on this site and he seems to be a good guy. I hope he can continue this service. It’s a bit of a stretch to give someone 2,000 of your money and not hear anything from them even when you try to contact them. That scares me into rethinking whether or not I will purchase the battery warranty. Is there any communication at all after you pay?

I'm still going to support them. As I stated at earlier, I actually went to their site to pick up a replacement hood and some other miscellaneous small items. They are, as many people have noted, great guys.

I should point out that I have a vested interest in people continuing to support Jason and company, as I have an existing warranty that I bought when they first released it, more than a year before my Tesla Battery warranty expired.

I guess I don't care if I get communication, as long as I get the warranty when I need it. We may have a chance to test that as it seems like the battery is giving us some notices now. Sometime over the next few weeks I'll let you know what's happening.

I'm still going to support them. As I stated at earlier, I actually went to their site to pick up a replacement hood and some other miscellaneous small items. They are, as many people have noted, great guys.

I should point out that I have a vested interest in people continuing to support Jason and company, as I have an existing warranty that I bought when they first released it, more than a year before my Tesla Battery warranty expired.

I guess I don't care if I get communication, as long as I get the warranty when I need it. We may have a chance to test that as it seems like the battery is giving us some notices now. Sometime over the next few weeks I'll let you know what's happening.
Well most of care about communication, especially since I am still waiting for my battery monitoring device to arrive, so I can actually install it and have my Tesla monitored properly according to their instructions. Also, I’m not trying to talk any smack or personally attack these guys, as I’ve heard nothing but positive things from those who’ve had direct interaction with them. That gives me hope! What has worried me is after paying this much money, I had communications with them in the beginning and now radio silence. That would make ANY consumer nervous.

Well most of care about communication, especially since I am still waiting for my battery monitoring device to arrive, so I can actually install it and have my Tesla monitored properly according to their instructions.
I understand that the delay on the BMD is annoying, but at least the delay is giving you extra free warranty coverage time. ;)

Hopefully Jason can provide an update on what is going on soon. (And when they will likely get caught up on shipping BMDs.)

Well most of care about communication, especially since I am still waiting for my battery monitoring device to arrive, so I can actually install it and have my Tesla monitored properly according to their instructions. Also, I’m not trying to talk any smack or personally attack these guys, as I’ve heard nothing but positive things from those who’ve had direct interaction with them. That gives me hope! What has worried me is after paying this much money, I had communications with them in the beginning and now radio silence. That would make ANY consumer nervous.
I am one of those who cancelled but have not received my refund because there was a mix up that Jason is working to clear up. He has communicated with me multiple times although not recently. I signed up based on trust and I continue to trust him. The situation is frustrating (for both of us). I will be driving by his facility sometime in the latter half of Sep. I hope to stop by and put a face with my name. He needs to trust me, too. (That I’m not trying to scam him.)

Did you have a BMD connected at the time of failure, or were you still in the "signed up but no BMD delivered so the warranty hasn't started tolling yet" camp?

When I was at their site I asked about the warranty being extended until they get the devices in. They've dropped back to saying they're just fulfilling the warranty whether or not you have the device. It seems like the extension that Jason talked about, is more like something that Musk might have said: it was aspirational rather than real.

So, final take away - You'll have the warranty that you purchased from them, no more. And, honestly, that did seem reasonable to me. The extended idea is probably completely unsustainable. (Especially as we are currently considering whether the warranty is at all sustainable!)