Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Tesla Model S Battery Extended Service Plans from 057 Technology

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can somebody confirm if the warranty period starts when we get the BMS Module?

I've been told that the idle time between the purchase of warranty to the BMS module is an act of kindness from 057, and the warranty period actually doenst begin until the Module is installed.
Jason's post regarding coverage.

But it's still a gamble that my claim won't be rejected if they get the car there at my expense, and find something disqualifying.

I mean it's unlikely for me, as Tessie reports only 8.2% degradation at 78000 miles now, up from 7.6% a year ago, but it's still a bit of a gamble. If we had the BMD attached to the car I would know before shipping it that I was in the clear, or not, in the latter case I wouldn't bother shipping it both ways. But that could happen to someone, no?

Just updating here as I know there are a few people following along.

Currently on day 26 since I sent my initial ticket to 057.
  • 2013 Model S 85
  • Ticket Status: Open (no response yet)
  • Ticket Submitted On: 9/6/2023
  • Vehicle error: BMS_w035 Vehicle may not restart
  • Tesla Diagnosis: HV Battery (RWD) (Remove &Replace) - Remove and Replace
  • ESP Purchased: October 2022 (never received BMD)
Pray for me ya'll! 🙏

Reactions: ccalahan
Just updating here as I know there are a few people following along.

Currently on day 26 since I sent my initial ticket to 057.
  • 2013 Model S 85
  • Ticket Status: Open (no response yet)
  • Ticket Submitted On: 9/6/2023
  • Vehicle error: BMS_w035 Vehicle may not restart
  • Tesla Diagnosis: HV Battery (RWD) (Remove &Replace) - Remove and Replace
  • ESP Purchased: October 2022 (never received BMD)
Pray for me ya'll! 🙏

BMS_w035 is almost never a battery pack issue. Not sure why no one has responded with that info. We use the BMD to determine when possible, but we can't always see what the source of an external isolation issue is. When the BMD isn't available, we usually want to see something other than an external isolation fault to indicate a failure of the battery before shipping a vehicle a long distance and wasting resources all around only to find out it's unrelated.

BMS_w035 is usually the battery heater, PTC heater, or drive unit. On a 2013, I'd lean towards the drive unit. Failures have once again been creeping up in regularity, and usually show as BMS_w035 or similar isolation fault errors.

Tesla misdiagnoses this pretty regularly, and I tell customers to insist that Tesla perform isolation checks on all HV components directly. Sadly, Tesla seems to be so short on good techs that as soon as they see "BMS"-anything, they're just like "you need a battery" and quit there. You definitely don't want to ship your car across the country to find out you just need a $500 unrelated repair. Unless you're right around the corner, I'd suggest making Tesla do their job and get a proper diagnosis.

You definitely don't want to ship your car across the country to find out you just need a $500 unrelated repair. Unless you're right around the corner, I'd suggest making Tesla do their job and get a proper diagnosis.
Thanks so much for the reply, Jason. I just made an appointment to get the car checked out again at Service Center this week—I certainly don't want to unnecessarily send anything across the country.

With that being said, if Tesla still comes back with a diagnosis of an HV battery failure, how long is an appropriate amount of time to wait for a response from the 057 ticketing system? Really just trying to get an idea of how long I should expect things to take moving forward. I'm glad I was able to get ahold of you through TMC, but I'd definitely prefer to keep everything in the ticketing system.

Thanks again for the reply. 🙏

Reactions: KJD and ccalahan
I have been unable to successfully contact 057 for almost 8 weeks now regarding my BMS shipment status.. ordered in mid July
You’re not going to. Jason’s been very clear that BMDs are lowest priority right now. Just reality at this point in time.
And as @Moorebid joked about above, your July date ain’t got nothing on others… like me. 😀

Last edited:
We can only hope that 057 technologies isn't on it's way out.

I get it, companies get overloaded and employees are spread thin - but as a customer, we're hoping to gain a level of confidence that we are getting what we paid for. Unfortunately, with some of the concerns surfacing - it's going to come across our minds that 1. the company is in trouble or if 2. validity of the warranty is still intact.

Some concerns/issues that I've read through these pages
- lack of communication
- no BMD update
- website going down
- refund checks not fulfilled
- no update on twitter for ~year
- no invoices showing up in customer accounts
- phone systems not answering

Hoping these will be addressed soon. If there’s reasons to all of this, communication is key. This thread started off strong, and was hoping to continue its strong trajectory.

If 057 technologies took on a bigger bite than they can chew, imo the company will have to manage that. 057, we believed in the company which is why there was such a big support here, but please bring back the connection to the supporters. Maybe provide some current success stories of repaired batteries under warranty?

I'm sure there's a lot of accounts that have been created for the extended warranty plan, so a strong update would be vital to increase the confidence level for account holders. I don’t want to begin to think we will not have the warranty or the refund that was promised.

Last edited: