Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Tesla Model S Battery Extended Service Plans from 057 Technology

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If this dissolution appeared right around the time their shop vanished I think it's safe to say that this wasn't just some paperwork snafu.
You might have a point if it was a "voluntary dissolution", ie initiated by the LLC, but that's not what happened. "Administrative Dissolution" means you didn't pay fees due to the state, file an annual report, etc. See section 57D‑6‑06 "Administrative dissolution" in the document @CrankyGypsy posted in post #940 for specifics.

Reactions: zoomer0056
You might have a point if it was a "voluntary dissolution", ie initiated by the LLC, but that's not what happened. "Administrative Dissolution" means you didn't pay fees due to the state, file an annual report, etc. See section 57D‑6‑06 "Administrative dissolution" in the document @CrankyGypsy posted in post #940 for specifics.
One could have meant to just forget to file the paperwork as one's way of walking away from things.

One could have meant to just forget to file the paperwork as one's way of walking away from things.
Maybe it is just a careless dropping the ball, the SOS usually will send reminder and warning for dissolution, or maybe there is a private sale prior and simply have not file for change of principal or trust another party will do so but that party fail to do so ... I think it depends on the individual state the consequences of continuing operation, one may just back file the report and pay the fines.. State usually will not actively pursue it.

However letting it goes to dissolution may leads to loss of protection of LLC in case of litigation, insurance may deny coverage, credit ratings, inability to bring lawsuit ... but whether the creditor or plaintiff will poke on this and whether the State allows it is another question.

With all this mess I figured I’d reach out to XCare and inquire about their battery and drive unit warranties. I’m SOL since I own a 2014. Bummer

Hi Chad this is Brent with XCare EV Protection.

Thanks for reaching out to XCare EV Protection exploring coverage options for your Tesla.

XCare EV Protection including HV Battery (whether our Premium coverage or Battery & Drive Unit standalone option) is available to vehicles 7 model years old and newer with less than 100,000 miles at coverage start, so sadly the 2014 Model S you were inquiring about is outside of those parameters for age.

What a jerk response by Julian Reid, btw.

Again, I suggest anyone with an 057 Service Plan fill out the TN DCA form located here with instructions.

As for recourse: it is now obvious, despite what Hughes had sworn up and down while threatening members with legal action, that no one is going to get service. This business spans two states, with national customers. What a mess. I'm admittedly ignorant of the law, so would appreciate any input. At this point, chargeback seems to me to be the best option to not involve us organizing lawyers and waiting months/years to resolve. Suggestions?
If the company filed for bankruptcy, I doubt that chargeback will work. Jason lied to all of us here. At leadt my battery never failed during the two year period. I feel horrible for all that had battery failures during their warranty periods

If I didn't already have our 13 S85 with 136K miles, FUSC, and MCU2 I would be all over this. I'd love a 100kWh pack and get that Supercharging curve and the greater efficiency of the dual motor. The more I'm thinking about it, perhaps I'll talk it over with some relatives. Seemingly great car at a great price.

If I didn't already have our 13 S85 with 136K miles, FUSC, and MCU2 I would be all over this. I'd love a 100kWh pack and get that Supercharging curve and the greater efficiency of the dual motor. The more I'm thinking about it, perhaps I'll talk it over with some relatives. Seemingly great car at a great price.
Yeah cool car at that price……but….umm…..yeah, fu@k that guy!! 🖕🖕

Especially as you could probably work with him to go through a "dealer" and get the $4k used EV tax credit.