Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model Y in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm also waiting for a LR. Only reason why I don't want the P is that it's lowered and has the bigger wheels which reduce range. Otherwise if they release a P- like they did with the 3 when it first came which had the standard SR+ wheels, then I would consider that. Was the 3P- lowered?

Reactions: mike_j
I know everyone has their own preferences but for me AWD and a LFP battery would be ideal. The AWD for safety and the LFP battery for battery management/longevity. Extra range is always good but not a dealbreaker. Hopefully the MIC Y LR will eventually get 4680 batteries and all will be good - the perfect (for me) trifecta.

The current demand from LFP is the limit AFAIK
Agreed - my understanding was the 4680 capacity may well ramp up over the next couple of years as manufacturing processes improve. It'll take that long to save anyway after getting the M3 (hopefully soon) if Shanghai is able to build them. The performance (hence peak current flow) for the AWD (in my view) doesn't need to be so close to the Performance variant as it takes away from its niche market position.