Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model Y in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So my understanding is there is no MYSR?

Confirmed models are LR RWD and Performance AWD, with possible unconfirmed LR AWD?

I hope the LR AWD is real, because that's the option for me.

Waiting for my M3LR this quarter after giving up waiting for a MY last year. Hopefully I'll flip it for the Y easily enough.

Confirmed models are LR RWD and Performance AWD, with possible unconfirmed LR AWD?

I hope the LR AWD is real, because that's the option for me.

Waiting for my M3LR this quarter after giving up waiting for a MY last year. Hopefully I'll flip it for the Y easily enough.
MYSR became known as MY RWD. Thats available in China and Hong Kong

LR AWD hasnt got confirmed pricing yet. May release in a few months after the others due to supply constraints.

Reactions: MadFruit

No. It's clearly stated in the chasing cars article that there while be a standard range RWD and a performance AWD on the initial release, with a third variant on the way (presumably long range AWD).
The RWD model Y is 62kwh NCA battery pack afik vs the perf (and LR?) 82kwh
I'm pretty sure Shanghai has switched to LFP for the RWD. I don't think Shanghai makes a 62kwh NCA.

After reading that, it’s utterly ridiculous we’re still being slugged LCT on these cars. We don’t have ANY manufacturing anymore that is was introduced to protect (that obviously worked well!)

Last edited:
Reactions: Benzz
Was only ever there to protect the budget.
Cars typically had 20-30% import duties.

The threshold was too high to protect the Falcodores
What killed the Falcadores was the commercial vehicle tax write off rules. So many switched to Hilux, Ranger etc for the tax break. It’s why utes are first and second highest selling vehicles in Aus and dual cab utes are popular as they can carry the kids too.
Don‘t tell me the Government policy doesn’t influence car buying patterns.