Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla moments

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wanted to give a shout out to San Diego Tesla Service. They have really improved their efficiency in getting my car serviced. I had a problem with a door rattle - and they were able to see me later the same day I called in. They even solved the problem while I waited. Took no more than an hour - including the car wash. I was very impressed. Looks like they are doing a great job changing the way they process customers and now are getting things done more quickly. Great to see with the onslaught of M3's that will be coming.

Drove some of my son's friends home yesterday afternoon after his birthday party (15 year olds).
A couple of nice comments about how nice it is inside and how quickly it accelerates and how smooth it is around corners.
But my favourite from one of his mates:
"If this is what Teslas are like, then I'm REALLY gonna start studying hard at school".
I was speechless. Pleased, but speechless.

My Tesla 'moment' turned into a Tesla 'year' :D

Exactly one year ago today, I picked up my Model S 90D. After circling around it several times, and admiring up close the lines that so capitvated & inspired me to order, I just froze in place. I had never been in a Tesla before, not even close to one, and suddenly I had stage fright or something. My DS panicked..what's the matter, are you going to faint, do you need water, a chair? (LOL he was maybe 20 years old) Fast forward 365 amazing days later.......and I have ZERO regrets. Yes, that would be ZERO.

061816 017a.jpg

Exactly one year ago today, I picked up my Model S 90D. After circling around it several times, and admiring up close the lines that so capitvated & inspired me to order, I just froze in place. I had never been in a Tesla before, not even close to one, and suddenly I had stage fright or something. My DS panicked..what's the matter, are you going to faint, do you need water, a chair? (LOL he was maybe 20 years old) Fast forward 365 amazing days later.......and I have ZERO regrets. Yes, that would be ZERO.

View attachment 231203
That was the same for me 4 years ago May 7. Well, I DID break down and go to the grand opening of my service center a couple of weeks before delivery. I couldn't wait to see what the blue looked like in person. But I refused to sit in one, or really even to look inside one! Delivery was done in the small service bay, and I was the only person there besides two employees.

It was still the best car purchase I've ever made. Until I ordered my second one, that is! I can't believe how much these cars have changed my life...

View attachment 231203

Still one of the most beautiful cars on this site.

The silver turbines with pearl white...so classy!

• Love
Reactions: NikeWings

View attachment 231203

I remember you, @Btrflyl8e, and I were all active on the delivery thread at the same time. I got my car 372 days ago and I haven't had any regrets either. When I unplug the car to go somewhere, I'm still a bit like a kid in a candy factory about getting in the car and going. I never liked driving, but now I look forward to it.

On Sunday my SO had to borrow a truck from a friend to pick up another car in Astoria, OR on Monday. She wanted to leave her car at the friend's house and have me drive the truck home. I was disappointed I couldn't figure out a reasonable excuse to take my car. I hated driving that truck too.

When I took delivery the delivery center for Portland was squeezed into the back of an industrial park a short ways down the street from the service center. My car was parked in what was essentially a storage locker. Not as nice as what you had, but I didn't care.

I remember you, @Btrflyl8e, and I were all active on the delivery thread at the same time. I got my car 372 days ago and I haven't had any regrets either. When I unplug the car to go somewhere, I'm still a bit like a kid in a candy factory about getting in the car and going. I never liked driving, but now I look forward to it..
Yep, quite a clique we had going, lots of anxious moments and thrilled to see the excitement continues for everyone!

Reactions: Btrflyl8e
It was fun, sharing that excitement/torture. Even though it was my second time around that time, it was just as maddening yet fun at the same time. I guess when the reward is so freaking awesome...it doesn't really matter how many times you've gone through it.

Reactions: NikeWings
Are you kidding? I NEVER miss an opportunity to use Summon. My bf learned a lesson about having alerts set on the app...I came home from a Cars & Coffee once, and he held up his phone and said, "did you have a good time showing off? I got FORTY EIGHT Summon alerts!"

I think we all know the answer to THAT question.
Screenshot_2017-06-17-11-33-53.png

See? Cars & Coffee this morning. There were 37 Summon alerts on my tablet when I got home. Haha!

My Tesla moment from yesterday: I was in the San Mateo CA Trader Joe's parking lot, took my Roadster there to get some groceries. I saw a blue S with the hatchback up. A young woman was bent over partway into the trunk area. Getting closer, I saw she was changing her baby's diaper, the kid was lying on the trunk floor and looking quite content. I commented "I have a Model S but did not realize there was a 'diaper changing' option!" She smiled and said that there was indeed and it worked perfectly.

I did not take a photo.