Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla moments

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can't you just tap the lock icon on the screen?

Our P85 loaner seems to not present the handles if you tap them and someone is already in the car or if they already retracted and you are standing there with the key.

Yes you can tap on the lock icon on the screen, but it further to reach than the stock (since I likely already have my hand on the steering wheel).

As for handles presenting vs. not, it depends on if you have "Unlock on Park" selected in the settings (of the loaner) or not. If so, one press puts the car in park and the doors automatically unlocking, extending the handles. If not, one press puts the car in park and does NOT unlock the doors, so they don't present -- but a second press then unlocks the car and extends the handles.

Yes you can tap on the lock icon on the screen, but it further to reach than the stock (since I likely already have my hand on the steering wheel).

As for handles presenting vs. not, it depends on if you have "Unlock on Park" selected in the settings (of the loaner) or not. If so, one press puts the car in park and the doors automatically unlocking, extending the handles. If not, one press puts the car in park and does NOT unlock the doors, so they don't present -- but a second press then unlocks the car and extends the handles.

An alternate approach is to, in the driest and most deadpan voice, say: "The handles are there for those who have eyes to see them" and then speed off in a cloud of silence.

:cool:

Took delivery of my S75D exactly one month ago. It's been awesome.
I don't know why but Tesla seems to be very popular with kids. Yesterday, I turned into a school entrance by mistake. As I was making a u-turn all the kids that were outside (recess time) started yelling "it's a Tesla!" and then started running after me.
It's silly but knowing that my 2 sons (18 months and 2 weeks old) will grow up using an electric car is an amazing feeling.
Am I being too emotional here? :p

Not remotely :)

Had another funny Tesla moment today. The social committee is organizing our Christmas party and they were thinking of small prizes that they can give out whenever the staff win at games and such. One of the committee members suggested - "Hey why don't we offer to give out a test ride in the Tesla!?" I have given out a few crazy launches to a couple staff members in the summer but I figured that experience occurred so long ago - who would remember. Apparently the impressions were longer lasting than I imagined.

Sort of "Tesla Moments"...

Twice now in one month I've run into new CPO owners at superchargers. When I asked how they found their cars, both said EV-CPO. They were both quite surprised when I told them that I was behind that site. One owner at Newark, DE SC told me his sales advisor at the Tesla gallery store told him to use my site.

That same guy was enamored with the lighted TESLA rear applique, and he thought that was because I had a "P" model. I told him that wasn't the case and anyone could get one installed.

WOW! Thanks! I got my unicorn car because of your site, all the other P90DL's were sold off except for this one listed on your site, and it was right next to me. It works beautifully, great work!

I gave a friend and his wife a five-minute Tesla ride when I met them for dinner a year ago. I told him I was driving over again last week (it's a 6-hour drive into the wilds of Colorado). While we were on the phone, he allowed as he was checking the Tesla website to see if his order had popped up yet. Seems he'd bought a 75D about half an hour before we talked. On the basis of one 5-minute demo ride. He didn't even drive one.

He'll be taking the 6-hour drive to Denver soon in his trade-in. I guess this time he can take ME for a ride.

I have had my S for over 3 months now and like others have answered many questions, offered rides etc........
Yesterday I went to a funeral for a good friend's mother. The usual funeral procession to the cemetery , stopped in line at the grave site. While standing by the burial site waiting on the priest, it's freezing , windy, we're huddling for warmth, a guy behind me say's "hey, is that your Tesla. What kind of mileage, how fast does it go, does it drive itself? " :) I answered a few questions as my wife just shook her head until the final prayers began. :)

During the Thanksgiving holiday we did an outing where a friend of my wife joined us. Wife asked me to open the frunk so we could put our baby gear in there. She loves the frunk gag with her gal pals. Lady friend gasps and covers her mouth asking 'what happened to the engine ??' I respond 'it's an electric car. It has a battery'. She's not convinced 'where's the ELECTRIC engine ??' Now wife looks at me as well, wanting to know exactly what the deal with the 'motor' is. I explain how the motors are quite small and lie behind the frunk partition and in the rear. She catches on quickly 'oh, so it doesn't need an oil change or anything ?'

During the drive she was astounded by the sight of the steering wheel turning on its own and following the road, and I pointed the autopilot camera location to her. And then we come home and park on the driveway to get the baby car seat out before driving the car in, which I did with summon. That was the last straw for her - 'I don't even want to know how it did that'.

I was just on a small weekend roadtrip to Seaside, OR this past weekend. The supercharger there is at a small outlet mall in front of an Eddie Bauer store. There were 8 of the new pull through style stalls, it was empty when I arrived, but after 15-20 minutes, 6 more Model S' arrived. Everyone coming out of the store basically had a jaw drop moment when they realized its something like a gas station, except, yanno, free. (for now)

Had a conversation with quite a few people since I was the only one sitting in my car waiting. Most were like, how much does charging cost? etc. how much is each car? I pointed out they are all the same model, but there are variations, that one is a 60D, thats a 70, a 75D, 85, a 90D and mine which was a P90DL so the price can go from $65k to 150k depending on options. When the guy I was talking to heard 65k, he asked where the closest store was, he's been looking to trade in his 10yr old BMW.

Oddly, none were a modelX or a refreshed model.

Since my telecom job went away in 2004, I have worked on my own as a handyman.

Soon after I got my S, I realized that for jobs that don't require a van full of tools, I can save the 25 cents per mile of gasoline and instead drive in quiet comfort in Blue Max.

One of my long-term customers, seeing me drive up in my beautiful blue S, said, "Wow, I can see that Ive been paying you wayyy too much."

So my wife had the car (I had a work function to attend), and she comes home and a van followed her. She pulls in and gets out of the car. Two men approach her in our driveway and say "we come in peace", jokingly (?) with their hands up in the air... She doesn't laugh, but asks them what they want.

Then they try to tell sell her cases of frozen meat.

Meat from a van.

"Two for the price of one."

"We have left overs from our delivery".

When she declined and said that I'm in charge of the meat buying and that we get it either from Costco or if we want something specific from our local butcher, one of the guys says "but look, you just drove in a Tesla"... she says "so?". They implied, though never stated out loud, that we can afford to buy their meat.

Apparently since we have a Tesla, we need to buy frozen left over meat from a few shady characters from the back of a van. lol

Apparently since we have a Tesla, we need to buy frozen left over meat from a few shady characters from the back of a van. lol
Reminds me of the scene in Sunshine Cleaning (2008) - IMDb

Joe's shrimp plan goes awry as all the stores and restaurants he approaches refuse to buy. Joe had not realized when he purchased the shrimp that no legitimate business would be willing to accept the health risks involved in buying food from a non-reputable source.

Reactions: Max*