Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla moments

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"So they are sold in the United States, now!" She replied....
"No, you have to sneak them in at night on deserted roads from Canada like bootleg whiskey during Prohibition."
Btw, Indiana is not pleased to be being used as a conduit for illicit Teslas being snuck from Chicago to Michigan. Expect greater
enforcement along that lovely o_O stretch of interstate along the lake shore.;)

This just happened at work a few minutes ago. A colleague came over to talk with me and it went something like:
"Dude, you cant just wear a Tesla jacket and...

Wait, do you have a Tesla?"

Followed by about 10 minutes of TeslaTime. Now he'll tell 2 friends and they'll tell 2 friends, and pretty soon I'll have to change jobs again.

Last edited:
This just happened at work a few minutes ago. A colleague came over to talk with me and it went something like:
"Dude, you cant just wear a Tesla jacket and...

Wait, do you have a Tesla?"

Followed by about 10 minutes of TeslaTime. Now he'll tell 2 friends and they'll tell 2 friends, and pretty soon I'll have to change jobs again.
hah, I can relate.

At my old job, parked at the far end of the garage, no one knew I had a Tesla. I wanted to keep it that way.

At this job, park in the garage, within the first week people found out. Then they told other people, who told other people, who couldn't keep their mouth shut. So every now and then I get approach by people whom I don't talk to regularly asking me how I like the Tesla...

I'm with you. time to get a new job ;)

Reactions: Pollux
hah, I can relate.

At my old job, parked at the far end of the garage, no one knew I had a Tesla. I wanted to keep it that way.

At this job, park in the garage, within the first week people found out. Then they told other people, who told other people, who couldn't keep their mouth shut. So every now and then I get approach by people whom I don't talk to regularly asking me how I like the Tesla...

Yeah I'm a little worried about that. I don't really like attention. I need to get dark window tinting asap. At least they will see that if I can afford to buy a Tesla that maybe they can too. Or they will just think I'm getting paid too much.

I got a call today - it was my dear friend and ex-chairman of our company whom I gave a test ride a few months ago. His son calls me on his behalf and he says - guess what? We are at the Tesla dealership right now. The salesman wants to get your particulars so that he can use your referral code. After I sort things out with the Tesla rep, the ex-chairman gets on the phone and says - "listen you should have just ordered two identical cars when you ordered yours. It would have saved me the time to go through all these options. I basically want it just like yours!"

Back when we were working together, I used to always order two high tech gadgets - one for me, one for him. Whether it was the first laptop (in 1990), cell phone/smartphone, etc. We always had the same gadget. I forgot about those great days together! The respect for wanting the coolest things was mutual. I ended up buying two high end cars from him because I too liked what he had chosen. Apparently this thirst for toys hasn't stopped.

I got a call today - it was my dear friend and ex-chairman of our company whom I gave a test ride a few months ago. His son calls me on his behalf and he says - guess what? We are at the Tesla dealership right now. The salesman wants to get your particulars so that he can use your referral code. After I sort things out with the Tesla rep, the ex-chairman gets on the phone and says - "listen you should have just ordered two identical cars when you ordered yours. It would have saved me the time to go through all these options. I basically want it just like yours!"

Back when we were working together, I used to always order two high tech gadgets - one for me, one for him. Whether it was the first laptop (in 1990), cell phone/smartphone, etc. We always had the same gadget. I forgot about those great days together! The respect for wanting the coolest things was mutual. I ended up buying two high end cars from him because I too liked what he had chosen. Apparently this thirst for toys hasn't stopped.
He can now outdo you by getting a P100D though... ;)

Reactions: ig_epower
hah, I can relate.

My manager was the only one I told when I got the time off to fly up and pick my car. Well, the first day I was back, he blabbed on our team call asking how the Tesla was. Now mind you, he is a very quiet, soft spoken person who never seems to be in a rush. This time, he yelled it across the phone (phone meeting since we are all remote) and talking a mile a minute. I actually thing he was more excited than I was and I had just bought it a few days earlier!

My manager was the only one I told when I got the time off to fly up and pick my car. Well, the first day I was back, he blabbed on our team call asking how the Tesla was. Now mind you, he is a very quiet, soft spoken person who never seems to be in a rush. This time, he yelled it across the phone (phone meeting since we are all remote) and talking a mile a minute. I actually thing he was more excited than I was and I had just bought it a few days earlier!
When I ordered mine it was all I could do to keep it a secret at work. Everyone already knew that my i3 was leased and it was going back but everyone expected me to lease another Leaf or i3, not buy a Model S.

Who are you people? Everyone where I work knew about my Tesla before I even got it. They were sick of hearing me freaking out waiting for it. Then when I took delivery, I spent pretty much the entire day in the parking lot giving the tour and rides. I think everyone in the building was almost as excited as I was!

I could never keep that secret. And LoL Rick, I know you better...you probably park it up front, and turn on that lighted applique all day, don't lie.

Who are you people? Everyone where I work knew about my Tesla before I even got it. They were sick of hearing me freaking out waiting for it. Then when I took delivery, I spent pretty much the entire day in the parking lot giving the tour and rides. I think everyone in the building was almost as excited as I was!

I could never keep that secret. And LoL Rick, I know you better...you probably park it up front, and turn on that lighted applique all day, don't lie.
I'm in the same ballpark. All my friends and co-workers were sick of hearing it :) Once it was parked in the lot though they all wanted to know about it.

@Btrflyl8d - Ditto. 3 1/2 years later, when I am introduced to new hires, "she has a Tesla."

So, my latest Tesla moments have been fun, little mini-moments, like taking kids on a field trip and having 1 or 2 of them going nuts and getting the other kids psyched (that is *so* much fun, I always ask "so how did you find out about Tesla, they don't advertise" and I'm amazed).

But then, this morning, I saw a beautiful Model X pull out in front of me, and then at the traffic light, I was ahead and to the right. I looked back to give a thumbs-up and he was on the phone and not paying attention. I sighed - he has no idea how cool that car is does he... And then a minute later I looked back and he was filming my applique doing the left turn signal. Made my day. My car may be slow, old, classic, and obsolete, but it still has a few pimped-out tricks ;)