Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Non-Refundable Order Fee Increased to $250

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How did you get 1.24% WTH? Mine is 2.49? I have above 800 credit.

800 is low rent. I have 1000+ credit :p

For real though, check out the financing thread in this forum. Lots of info & instructions in there, including full details I posted up in the last couple of days on my own experience.

Mine did, as it's called an Order Deposit.

Order-Deposit.jpg
That must have been an old order, when they were collecting a deposit instead of charging an order fee.

In that case are you sure that the order fee isn't include in the break down of your "Total Cost of Vehicle" figure?

It's not. I just checked the entire total cost and price breakdown for everything.

I know that since I finalized my loan and paid the ACH payment, I can see a lot more detail that I could prior to receiving my VIN. Either way, I checked and sure enough the $100 order fee was applied towards the price of the car, just as I posted above with the screen shot.

Yep. It's called out directly as an "Order Fee"

View attachment 699230

That must have been an old order, when they were collecting a deposit instead of charging an order fee.
Its always been a deposit towards the purchase price. This is the first I'm hearing that it isn't for some people.

My Model 3 $1k went towards the car and my July 30th Model Y order is showing the same as well.

86462B5D-C655-4F04-AC2D-0E96C2533156.jpeg

Yes, it's a deposit, not an ordering fee. Anyone who says it's an ordering fee is mistaken, as most people in this thread have confirmed. It doesn't matter if it's Canada or the United States. Plenty of people in the US here and on Reddit have confirmed that it will be applied to offset their final price.
It IS a fee. You pay the fee, then get credited it back, but it doesn't knock the price of the car down any.
Car costs $40k, you pay the $250 fee. At final payment time, you get credited back the $250, but you still owe the original $40k. A true deposit would have you owing only $39,750.

Reactions: dduffey
It IS a fee. You pay the fee, then get credited it back, but it doesn't knock the price of the car down any.
Car costs $40k, you pay the $250 fee. At final payment time, you get credited back the $250, but you still owe the original $40k. A true deposit would have you owing only $39,750.
Yup! It's not as if any one is out any additional money in the end if they buy a car with this increase from $100 to $250. You get it back.

It absolutely does count towards the purchase price. Others and myself have posted screenshots showing proof that it does. My screenshot shows it reducing the final cost well before I'm in any position to take delivery.
You are in Canada. Different rules apply. They charge a $100 order fee. And then you get a $100 deposit credit to offset that fee. That’s in addition to the price of the vehicle. Here in the US and in California it’s a fee you pay to place the order. It does not apply to the price of the vehicle.

Reactions: dduffey