Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Online Shop - Emails ignored, half the order missing (£500+) What do I do?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone else found it impossible to get in touch with the Tesla Online Store?

The address given was: [email protected]

I get an email back saying they will take a while to respond but then nothing for weeks.

About 2 weeks ago I ordered 2 wall chargers and 2 pedestals. Only half the order arrived (which I can clearly show on security camera footage). The tracking number has now disappeared (it says "null" in the app) but I am none the wiser about where the rest of the order is.

I can do a charge back on the credit card but I only normally expect to be having to do that with unscrupulous companies, not Tesla!

What is the best course of action?

Edit: Aha, it seems like a whole load of them have been stolen: Tesla Wall Connector/charger

Last edited:
Has anyone else found it impossible to get in touch with the Tesla Online Store?

I get an email back saying they will take a while to respond but then nothing for weeks.

About 2 weeks ago I ordered 2 wall chargers and 2 pedestals. Only half the order arrived (which I can clearly show on security camera footage). The tracking number has now disappeared (it says "null" in the app) but I am none the wiser about where the rest of the order is.

I can do a charge back on the credit card but I only normally expect to be having to do that with unscrupulous companies, not Tesla!

Edit: Aha, it seems like a whole load of them have been stolen: Tesla Wall Connector/charger
You already have your answer. File a chargeback.

I ordered free mudflaps. Then brexit happened the order was returned to the depot. Took a firther 7months to get them. Each email took weeks for a response then nothing happened each time. They offered me a £20 voucher as an apology. Thinking about it I don't think it ever arrived....

I called up and spoke to someone as I had stuff that hadn’t arrived. I had emailed but didn’t get a response. I had NULL on an order and it was due to being out of stock. I waited and the stuff arrived a week later.

They were mudflats for the Y. Then I saw pictures of mudflats being fitted so I sent them back. I’m now waiting on a refund.

Reactions: BobBert123
I called up and spoke to someone as I had stuff that hadn’t arrived. I had emailed but didn’t get a response. I had NULL on an order and it was due to being out of stock. I waited and the stuff arrived a week later.

They were mudflats for the Y. Then I saw pictures of mudflats being fitted so I sent them back. I’m now waiting on a refund.
Thanks for replying. What number did you use to call them?

Thanks for replying. What number did you use to call them?
Unfortunately, it’s the usual number and you need to select the option that applies to online orders.

Once I was through the chap was super helpful and explained what was going on. It made sense that part of my order had NULL but it would be better if it said still to be shipped or something - but that could be due to DHL not communicating tech wise with Tesla.

You could try the chat function as that may be quicker.

Reactions: BobBert123
It doesn't matter how big or 'reputable' a company is. If something happens and they won't respond to your complaint, chargeback. Or small claims if necessary. That's why these things exist.

The worst CS experiences I've had have been with larger companies.. the bigger they are the less they seem to care about customers.

No idea about those eBay listings but they have the seller's name and address listed on at least two of them so would doubt they are stolen. My guess is that there was a discount code for some group or a glitch which people took advantage of and bought multiple ones to resell.

I didn't even think to check eBay when I bought mine but think I would still have gone to Tesla directly for peace of mind rather than having the complication of effectively buying second hand if there were any faults.

With regard to the OP's order - I've contacted the shop once by phone and they were very helpful. If that's not working for you then I'd send an email giving them a strict timescale (7/14 days or so) to supply the missing bits or a refund and politely warn them that you'll perform a chargeback after that time if neither are received.