Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla owner configurations begin

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Questions for the experts out there:

Are the UMC for the Model 3 and 2014 Model S interchangeable? I see where the 3 has a sort of pigtail construction. I ask because we are thinking of keeping the Model S UMC in the car for road trips and alternating using the Model 3 UMC for home charging.

What about the telephone app that connects with the car? Will the app know which Tesla that I wish to connect to? Or is there a dedicated app for each car?

What about the cell phone connection inside the car? Will I have to disconnect/connect/reconnect each time that I switch vehicles?

We received our invitation yesterday, and we are concerned about these items. We might have more questions once we take delivery.

Thanks to all.

Questions for the experts out there:

Are the UMC for the Model 3 and 2014 Model S interchangeable? I see where the 3 has a sort of pigtail construction. I ask because we are thinking of keeping the Model S UMC in the car for road trips and alternating using the Model 3 UMC for home charging.

What about the telephone app that connects with the car? Will the app know which Tesla that I wish to connect to? Or is there a dedicated app for each car?

What about the cell phone connection inside the car? Will I have to disconnect/connect/reconnect each time that I switch vehicles?

We received our invitation yesterday, and we are concerned about these items. We might have more questions once we take delivery.

Thanks to all.

In the phone app, you just swipe to the car you want to control.

Does it ask about financing during the time you place your order, and if so, does it go in depth, or is that what you do with the ds?
It asks if you are paying cash, financing or (IIRC) leasing. I indicated financing, and it asked if it was outside lender or Tesla. I answered Tesla. The status on the build page says "Pending" for finance, and "pending" for trade-in.

• Funny
Reactions: Snerruc
Anyone have a link to the tesla rebate timeline tracking for expiration quarter?
I don't think there is consensus on when the Tesla tax credit eligibility is projected to end due to Tesla hitting that 200,000 mark. Some experts thought the number might be reached as late as Q218. In my math, relying on third party data, I thought it could get met this quarter.

I don't think there is consensus on when the Tesla tax credit eligibility is projected to end due to Tesla hitting that 200,000 mark. Some experts thought the number might be reached as late as Q218. In my math, relying on third party data, I thought it could get met this quarter.

There is no chance of this quarter. Remember, only US sales count.

Got configure invite. Waiting for 210 battery. Any idea when it might come out? Hoping to time it to get that battery and the rebate.
My configuration page lists the Standard Battery in Early '18, and the Dual Motor in Spring '18 ... add six months for Elon time :cool:
upload_2017-12-24_9-20-44.png

Reactions: Big Earl