Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Owners in Alberta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some photos

Attachments

• 20160714_151555.jpeg
    20160714_151555.jpeg
    294.9 KB · Views: 81
  • 20160714_151446.jpeg
    20160714_151446.jpeg
    262.6 KB · Views: 48
Reactions: CobaltBlau
Ok, so I got an email invitation to the Gigafactory Grand Opening! Booked flights this morning and have a +1. Will take photos! Looking forward to seeing the Model 3 in person (and maybe going for a ride!). I heard there is at least one other from Calgary going - anyone else from Alberta we should meet up in Reno.

Ok, so I got an email invitation to the Gigafactory Grand Opening! Booked flights this morning and have a +1. Will take photos! Looking forward to seeing the Model 3 in person (and maybe going for a ride!). I heard there is at least one other from Calgary going - anyone else from Alberta we should meet up in Reno.
Good luck taking photos! Would definitely like to see some sexy factory shots. I don't need any more 3 pics. The wait is killing me enough as is. :)

So four of us are down in Reno about to go to the Gigafactory Opening party - yesterday we went to the Factory in Freemont and they allowed all of us to go on the Factory Tour last minute - THANK YOU TESLA!! What a trip!! The factory was amazing with so much production going on and the tour guide was great. I had only seen two Model X in the wild - I've now seen HUNDREDS!

Nice! Boats are typically so noisy, I've always thought it would be nice to cruise in silence in a speedboat. Did you do the conversion yourself or have someone else do it? Was the motor like a drop-in bolt-on replacement or was there a lot of work required to make it fit?

Thank you! I did do the conversion myself. I had a blast doing it. The motor is a twin 3 Phase AC motor from HPEVS. Here is a link:
Electric AC Motor Oil Cooled Dual Motor
It was not exactly a drop-in. Not really too bad. I had to have two adapters made, a coupler and a change to the front mount. If your interested in more details, here is a link to a walk-a-round that describes much of the components involved.
If you need any help making your own, let me know. I would be happy to help.

• Informative
Reactions: skrenes
Hoping that none of the Calgary area Tesla owners got caught in Saturday's hail storm
I was in Calgary at the time. We were just coming back from Banff and stopped at Cross Iron Mall. We were in the Mall when it started. My Model S was thankfully unscathed :). The rain was really coming down hard on the return trip and autopilot was surprisingly still available, although I didn't use it until the rain had calmed down, by that time we were about 30mins out from Red Deer.

Thank you! I did do the conversion myself. I had a blast doing it. The motor is a twin 3 Phase AC motor from HPEVS. Here is a link:
Electric AC Motor Oil Cooled Dual Motor
It was not exactly a drop-in. Not really too bad. I had to have two adapters made, a coupler and a change to the front mount. If your interested in more details, here is a link to a walk-a-round that describes much of the components involved.
If you need any help making your own, let me know. I would be happy to help.
Awesome work! The high RPM of boats results in a lot of noise, vibration, pollution, and poor fuel economy. I remember with my family's 20' Larson, we'd need some 20-30 liters per hour of boating. That makes it very expensive. Looks like you get about an hour out of the batteries. How many kWh of capacity do you have? How much did it cost you? How long did it take you to make the conversion?

Awesome work! The high RPM of boats results in a lot of noise, vibration, pollution, and poor fuel economy. I remember with my family's 20' Larson, we'd need some 20-30 liters per hour of boating. That makes it very expensive. Looks like you get about an hour out of the batteries. How many kWh of capacity do you have? How much did it cost you? How long did it take you to make the conversion?
Thank you, skrenes. 32kWh capacity. The conversion cost around $20,000. It took 3 months. Thanks again.