Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Referral Code Please [the one and only UK thread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New Model 3 SR+ owner here and I didn't use a referral code when ordering the car. Wish I'd known about it though as I have a road trip to do in October and the free Supercharging miles would have been really handy.

Any tips on getting my referral code out there and used? Don't want to just jump in here and quote it in case it's not the done thing here.

New Model 3 SR+ owner here and I didn't use a referral code when ordering the car. Wish I'd known about it though as I have a road trip to do in October and the free Supercharging miles would have been really handy.

Any tips on getting my referral code out there and used? Don't want to just jump in here and quote it in case it's not the done thing here.

I was in a similar situation last year. I am pleased to say that I have had someone using my code when ordering since so I now do have some free supercharger miles. Hopefully someone who is considering an order will read your post and take pity as they did for me! Just make sure your code is in your profile. You are correct in thinking that quoting codes openly in posts or in a signature would be against forum rules. Good luck!

Reactions: Roy W.
I was in a similar situation last year. I am pleased to say that I have had someone using my code when ordering since so I now do have some free supercharger miles. Hopefully someone who is considering an order will read your post and take pity as they did for me! Just make sure your code is in your profile. You are correct in thinking that quoting codes openly in posts or in a signature would be against forum rules. Good luck!

Thanks, guess I'll have to participate in the forums a bit more so I can amend my profile.

Reactions: Adopado and Roy W.

Welcome to the forum, and I hope you like your car.

Certainly if you get involved in the forum a bit, people will appreciate the advice you give them, and will use your referral code. I’ve been using the forum over a year, but in that time I’ve had two Tesla referrals. Unfortunately one was cancelled earlier this year, but I think quite a few of us have experienced that because of the Covid upheaval.

And don’t forget you can also join Octopus Energy for cheap car charging, and once you’re with them you can give out your referral code to friends and family, as well as by direct message if someone asks on the forum. Join Octopus using a referral code and you earn £50 credit. Then you get another £50 if someone uses your code.

You can put referral codes on your profile page, but they’re not allowed in posts or signatures.

Welcome to the forum, and I hope you like your car.

Certainly if you get involved in the forum a bit, people will appreciate the advice you give them, and will use your referral code. I’ve been using the forum over a year, but in that time I’ve had two Tesla referrals. Unfortunately one was cancelled earlier this year, but I think quite a few of us have experienced that because of the Covid upheaval.

And don’t forget you can also join Octopus Energy for cheap car charging, and once you’re with them you can give out your referral code to friends and family, as well as by direct message if someone asks on the forum. Join Octopus using a referral code and you earn £50 credit. Then you get another £50 if someone uses your code.

You can put referral codes on your profile page, but they’re not allowed in posts or signatures.

Cheers, I have switched to Octopus and have them coming to swap over my Smart Meters tomorrow, so hope to switch to Octopus Go once they are receiving meter reading regularly.

I actually used Chris from the YouTube channel Spawnpoiint's referral code, so the £50 for both of us is handy.

I'm close to pulling the trigger and ordering TM3. At what point of the order do you enter the referral code? If anyone PM me one I'm happy to enter yours. To make it fair I'll enter the third one PMed to me.

If i remember correctly you have to follow the link rather than enter a code, they're pretty strict on it too - i forgot to add one and Tesla didn't let me add it retrospectively.

Like the variation on the fastest fingers game, heres hoping I'm 3rd!

A friend with a Model S gave me his referral code and as he's been very helpful I thought I'd use his rather than anyone else's

But I've just realised that when I went through the order process I didn't see an option to enter a referral code, and when I looked it up on the Tesla site it says you can't add a code after you've ordered

Have I missed something?

Yes it's not a foolproof (no offence!) system. It's certainly not clear to everyone that the referral is a link that needs to be clicked to initiate the order. Some of the showrooms are sticklers however there are some friendly and helpful folk who seem to be able to go the extra mile and attach the referral to the account. This can only happen prior to delivery though. So worth a phone call.
If you order through a leasing company, give them the referral code - they will liaise with Tesla Enterprise to ensure it is applied.

Ah shoot, if only I saw this sooner. I didn't use a code either as I simply forgot when it came to placing the order. I did get quite chummy with one of the guys who work at Tesla Bluewater who was kind enough to escalate internally and I got the SC miles added. If you'd like to try it let me know and I'll drop you their Tesla contact details.

Take care!