Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Tesla Referral Relaunch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some more pics of the new referral program. Clicking on the blue 'refer' button allows you to share with contacts or copy a referral link.

T1.jpg
T2.jpg
T3.jpg
T4.jpg

You get 100 for referring someone to buy a car

you need 1,500 to get 500km or free supercharging which is what, 300 miles, 100kwh, £45?

so... help sell 15 cars and they'll give you £45 of charging, or £3 for every car you help sell? The last scheme was 1000 miles for 1 car, which I make as being 45x more generous!!

A teeshirt is 500 credits, so 5 cars for something worth maybe £15-£20 or £3-4 per sale?

Illuminated door sill are 30 sales...

I would be amazed if anybody was influenced positively by this.

Not sure why my post and referral was deleted. Yes - everybody who has an account will have a referral link and it will lead to a number of links, but how would somebody who does not have a car find one. Surely this would be the place?

you need 1,500 to get 500km or free supercharging which is what, 300 miles, 100kwh, £45?

so... help sell 15 cars and they'll give you £45 of charging, or £3 for every car you help sell? The last scheme was 1000 miles for 1 car, which I make as being 45x more generous!!

A teeshirt is 500 credits, so 5 cars for something worth maybe £15-£20 or £3-4 per sale?

You get 2000 credits for referring, the buyer gets 100?

10000 if you get someone to buy before the end of March.

Think that’s right anyway.

Reactions: Medved_77

Is it not 10,000 credits for referring someone to buy a car before March 31st? And as above post 2000 credits for referrer and 100 for buyer?

Reactions: Medved_77
good luck getting any referral that way - not that they amount to much though
I did a full EU roadtrip for free that way and still have 500 miles left, it does work you just have to contribute to the forum. It does seem to be a bit long winded now, clicking the link doesn't activate the referral, you need the persons phone number and the refer them through the app.

Last edited:
Not sure why my post and referral was deleted. Yes - everybody who has an account will have a referral link and it will lead to a number of links, but how would somebody who does not have a car find one. Surely this would be the place?
Surely the point is that you refer people you know to buy stuff, not stick your referral link on a forum and hope someone you've never met or spoken to clicks it? And - as you've pointed out - all it would mean is pages of people posting their referral links. Not exactly great content.

Reactions: init6
only in UK? Buying in US this week and would like to self refer or give someone here credit
It launched in the US last November. You can use any code from any owner around the world however the credits that you/they receive will vary by location.

Now we’re complaining about the value of referrals? Has the Tesla sourness really devolved to this?

What value is given by Mercedes, BMW, Audi etc for making referrals?
It's a fair challenge but I've loads of BMW merchandise that I've had for free. I've also played golf on some very nice golf courses thanks to them, albeit a while ago (maybe if I bought more BMWs they'd invite me again). Some Tesla owners don't want the flowers in the boot of the car or any fuss on collection, yet do want credits towards a free Tesla t-shirt. People are a funny lot, and I include myself, I guess personally I just don't see the point of the scheme so any investment Tesla put into it just seems odd, and half the time the rewards go to the high profile youtubers who make more money from advertising than they will from the scheme. There was a guy on Reddit a few days ago who was either moaning or bragging, or maybe both, that he was about to time expire on something like 300k referral miles.