Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla screwed us

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ever hear of a Tech Bubble? This is what has happened to Tesla. For a period of time it was the only real EV game in town and everyone was high on Tesla and, as a result, prices went sky high based on basic supply and demand, and a little Tesla greed. And as was the case with Dot-Coms, the housing crash, and the many currently overpriced items we see due to shortages, the bottom falling out was, unfortunately, inevitable.
I kinda disagree, big factories inventory, hey sales you guys going to sell some cars! I believe it’s that simple. Prices will go back up and this flash sale will end quickly.

• Funny
Reactions: cbdream99
Tesla shows "0" loyalty to existing Tesla customers. Tesla has no sense of relationship with existing customers, I have owned two Tesla vehicles and when there delivery problems with my second Tesla, the local Tesla Center was totally disconnected and showed zero concern! If I was Tesla I would be very worried about customer loyalty, especially the existing customers who ordered Cybertrucks!

Buying a Tesla vehicle feels like buying Tesla stock in many ways but at least you have a car to show for it.

Bought an early 2018 M3LR RWD( vin 30002) for $55k(I did get the 7.5k and 2k CVPR), was low key kind of upset a year later when I could’ve had the M3 dual motor for cheaper than what I paid for M3LR RWD.

Sold my M3LR last April to Driveway for $44k (damn near free M3 rental for 4 years!) and ordered an M3SR cause I figured a 2023 M3SR for $46k made more sense than keeping out of warranty LR.

Tried to push back my M3SR after tax credit was announced but ultimately lost my $250 on that (but got a free charger).

Almost bit at the $7500 in December but was stuck in Hawaii for most of December (work). Then the news of price drops in other countries forced me to wait it out longer.

Finally ordered the MYLR today. Wasn’t even on my radar as I really didn’t want to spend more than 50k but here we are.

Watching the news for hints or possible price volatility, wild price swings, increase in value to extremes like never seen before… stock and used car value for Tesla are both a helluvaride if you get on or off at the right time.

For those of you upset about the lost value, just keep those diamond strong hands, you never know!

Otherwise, I agree. Terrible customer service experience that is sure to leave a bad taste in your mouth if you end up on the wrong side of it.

Reactions: advertisingfre
Actually you can call your insurance and show them your actual purchase price and pay additional insurance on that price versus the drop if you’re worried about stolen or wrecks.

It would be no different in paying insurance for a car with 20k in modifications on it.

Yes other cars have seen decreases like this. The decreases are just hidden in opaque dealer pricing. $10-$20k off “sticker” for expensive cars is not unheard of when inventory gets high.
Just to add cars have always been depreciating assets and Tesla is no different, it could have been even worst at is a car loaded with technology. We had a good run due to the pandemic, chip shortages and supply chain issues due to which values went up and the resale values were high. This is called market correction which was going to happen at some point. If Tesla would have not reduced the price then people would have cried why it is not qualifying for the tax credit.

Reactions: mswlogo
I kinda disagree, big factories inventory, hey sales you guys going to sell some cars!

Appreciate your perspective but one has to ask why are their big factory inventories? I suggest it has to do with a big drop in demand. As to the big sales push, that should have been done before year-end for Tesla to make it numbers. Since that ship has sailed, it will be interesting to see if this is just a flash sale or the new reality.

Reactions: sunwarriors
This massive price reduction just tanked our resale values.

I can now purchase a performance model for less that the October 2021 pricing.

I am so mad and yet I am still better off than the people who only purchased in the last 6 months.

Never seen a company discount a new car this much.

With trucks, pre covid, you would always see up to $10,000 sales.

But an SUV.

They completely fooked us.

Enjoy your car. Cars aren’t investments brah.

Appreciate your perspective but one has to ask why are their big factory inventories? I suggest it has to do with a big drop in demand. As to the big sales push, that should have been done before year-end for Tesla to make it numbers. Since that ship has sailed, it will be interesting to see if this is just a flash sale or the new reality.
Cost And interest rates hurting sales. I hope the savings last.

My nearest Tesla store is 3+ hrs, won't be harassing them anytime soon. I think Tesla sucks right now, can't believe I've been supporting this crappy company. I have no choice but to keep my car but I am no longer a Tesla fan. I can't believe I own a car that I totally dislike the company and what they stand for. I was an early supporter of Tesla, I got on M3 list just to help boost them, figured the larger the wait list, the better it looks for investors. I was always on Tesla's side for all EV arguments. I'm done! Go to Hell Elon and take Twitter with you.
Can I buy your car?

Tesla shows "0" loyalty to existing Tesla customers. Tesla has no sense of relationship with existing customers, I have owned two Tesla vehicles and when there delivery problems with my second Tesla, the local Tesla Center was totally disconnected and showed zero concern! If I was Tesla I would be very worried about customer loyalty, especially the existing customers who ordered Cybertrucks!
I have 2 Teslas (3 and Y) and same day Cybertruck order that I will let expire and not buy Tesla ever again. The brand name Tesla was build on technology, style and long term value. By reckless price movements they will destroy the brand and its value in customers minds. At this price level the price as such is not the most important issue, however the sour taste will last long. Cheapening the product, removing features and disregard for customers has never worked well.

Status
Not open for further replies.