Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla screwed us

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 2 Teslas (3 and Y) and same day Cybertruck order that I will let expire and not buy Tesla ever again. The brand name Tesla was build on technology, style and long term value. By reckless price movements they will destroy the brand and its value in customers minds. At this price level the price as such is not the most important issue, however the sour taste will last long. Cheapening the product, removing features and disregard for customers has never worked well.
I totally agree!!!!! I am getting even more upset I have two performance 3’s 19,22 both just took a bath!!! I went to tesla.com and ordered a Plaid that went down 21k last night instantly. He wants to sell them cheap then I will buy them cheap!!!!!

Reactions: VT_EE
While I’m a bit upset about this, I’ve already gotten over it. Tesla is a publicly traded company their only care about the bottom line, why would you buy your car thinking it will go up in value? Cars are NOT investments and only depreciate. Covid, a once in a lifetime phenomenon screwed that up. Those lucky to sell made out well, rest of us are left holding our bags, but hey Tesla never sold you the car promising it will increase in value. We all jumped on the bandwagon cause we wanted a cool new toy and you gotta pay to play. It’s ok just work a bit more and enjoy the car and your life, don’t let it bother you.

I mean, the writing was on the wall that the MY is really an economy mid-size SUV. My $31.5k (new) 2020 hybrid CR-V has more features, better ride, etc.

Paying $46k ($15k premium) to get electric vs hybrid and add in some novelty tech? Ok sounds semi-palatable.

Pay $67k ($35k premium) to get that stuff? Seems like you’re asking to be left with the check. In-spite of what the “the demand is too high!” brigade would tell you.

Reactions: Mike7564
Tesla shows "0" loyalty to existing Tesla customers. Tesla has no sense of relationship with existing customers, I have owned two Tesla vehicles and when there delivery problems with my second Tesla, the local Tesla Center was totally disconnected and showed zero concern! If I was Tesla I would be very worried about customer loyalty, especially the existing customers who ordered Cybertrucks!
I respectfully disagree.

Perspective. It's just money, and not even real money unless you have to give up the car, which I assume you won't if you paid that much for it. If you're waking up today as a healthy person with the freedom to do what you want, you're one of the luckiest people in the world. Take advantage of that, because it won't always be that way. Your Tesla is just a step along the path to following your dreams. You achieved that. What else are you excited to do with your limited time?

I mean, the writing was on the wall that the MY is really an economy mid-size SUV. My $31.5k (new) 2020 hybrid CR-V has more features, better ride, etc.

Paying $46k ($15k premium) to get electric vs hybrid and add in some novelty tech? Ok sounds semi-palatable.

Pay $67k ($35k premium) to get that stuff? Seems like you’re asking to be left with the check. In-spite of what the “the demand is too high!” brigade would tell you.
The “group-think” kool-aid soaked goggles make some think Tesla’s are an investment and the first car that doesn’t drop in value the moment you drive it off the lot.

The reduction is only due to a federal credit that is applied to the purchase price. Once it phases out, prices will go back to normal.
It is completely unrelated to the tax credit. The X, S and performance Y do NOT qualify for the credit and were dropped about the same percentage, depending on version of each model. This was a decision made solely on the falling demand and rising production capacity. It is a market-based decision. Not more. They will not go back up when or if the credits end. They may go higher if demand increases and / or costs increase, or they could even drop a bit more of demand continues to soften.

Status
Not open for further replies.