Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla sends out delivery delay emails

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As a current Model 3 reservation holder I am of course disappointed with the new but at the same time not surprised at all. Anyone following this company knows that Elon is very aggressive with his estimates and he always said that it only takes one bottleneck to slow things down. And of course it happened. Anyone that has worked on any project of any kind can relate to a scenario like this.

Also since none of us to have seen the design center at this point also knows that they weren't going to hit their timeframe becasue we always knew it would be an additional 6-8 weeks from the design center to delivery.

So everyone try to stay patient while Panasonic and Tesla figure out the battery pack and we should have our cars next year. Remember Model X owners waited upwards of 2 years for their cars, and it looks unlikely (knock on wood) that we will only be delayed by 3 months or so.

I don't remember them posting a thought or anything about the delivery timeline during the unveil. Do you have a link I can read about their thoughts?
Yeah, it was a blog post. They didn't say anything about how quickly they would ramp, just that they would begin deliveries in late 2017 starting on the West Coast, which they've done. They just haven't been able to keep to the relatively recent production timeline/estimate.

Tesla said:
Model 3 production is scheduled to begin in late 2017. When production begins, we will begin deliveries in North America starting on the West Coast, moving east. As we continue to ramp production, we will begin deliveries in Europe, APAC and right-hand drive markets. It is not possible to ship to all regions simultaneously because regulators in each part of the world have slightly different production requirements. Staggering deliveries in this way also allows us to provide the best possible customer experience.

Reserving your Model 3

Last edited:
I will be cancelling my Model 3 reservation. The additional delays push the car out even further from my time frame of buying a new car, and I wasn't even really thrilled with the design and finish of the Model 3 in the first place. I'm still considering a Model S, depending on what I see over the next month or so. If that doesn't work out, I'll probably start considering other cars outside of Tesla.

Reactions: DrivingRockies
Guess I am not waiting for standard..

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-11-01 at 9.41.43 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-11-01 at 9.41.43 PM.png
    110.3 KB · Views: 85
Holy cow! Mine only shifted back one month!
Original Oct-Dec (first in Line at store on announcement day)
New time updated 1145 AM Nov 1 November to January.

I am not holding my breath that these dates hold up either but it is still a good sign.
Again better than the years people waited for their Xs

Reactions: Waiting4M3
I will be cancelling my Model 3 reservation. The additional delays push the car out even further from my time frame of buying a new car, and I wasn't even really thrilled with the design and finish of the Model 3 in the first place. I'm still considering a Model S, depending on what I see over the next month or so. If that doesn't work out, I'll probably start considering other cars outside of Tesla.
Never a good idea anyway. Let other peeps work out the bugs and deal with frustrating issues. Go lease something for 3 years and be happy.

Reactions: BinaryField