Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TACC (traffic aware cruise control, not TAAC) is useless in tunnels, even if the car knew that you were in said tunnel, because it keeps misinterpreting the enormously densely placed overhead speed limit signs as traffic lights.

Kudos to the company that sold the government that amount of signage. An impressive feat of marketing, no doubt on the back of blown out of proportion health and safety considerations.

• Funny
Reactions: ICUDoc
TACC (traffic aware cruise control, not TAAC) is useless in tunnels, even if the car knew that you were in said tunnel, because it keeps misinterpreting the enormously densely placed overhead speed limit signs as traffic lights.

There's a couple of ways to set the speed when using TACC.

-Speed Limit
-Current Speed

Try the "Current Speed" selection. This works a bit like a traditional cruise control, in that you accelerate to your desired cruising speed, then tap to engage TACC. You can also use the thumbwheel to fine tune when desired.

This option works fine in tunnels, in areas with poor signage or where map data is out of date.

Re: sentry mode - I discovered to my annoyance on a road trip that there are two places to disable sentry mode in the car:

1. On the main settings screen (the top one), there is a sentry button you can turn off/on
2. On the "safety" screen, there is a sentry on/of toggle switch (I think, I'm not in my car right now)

For me, turning it off with option 1 only turned it off temporarily, whereas turning it off with option 2 seemed to turn it off permanently. I discovered this after getting really annoyed at sentry mode constantly turning itself on again.

I haven't nutted out where turning it off via the app fits into the above.

Re: sentry mode - I discovered to my annoyance on a road trip that there are two places to disable sentry mode in the car:
Per here https://www.tesla.com/ownersmanual/modely/en_au/GUID-56703182-8191-4DAE-AF07-2FDC0EB64663.html

By hitting the sentry button on the main screen this is enabled / disabled until the next drive.

1717396552000.png

Reactions: Max Spaghetti
TAAC speed dropping below displayed road speed limit
I have experienced that for some time at a number of freeway off-ramps/interchanges. It’s Tesla think they know better than I do what a safe speed is. When it is these “zones” no amount of wheel spinning to increase the limit will work. Have to wait until it thinks you have clear d the “dangerous area” before you can adjust, or disengage and go manual.
The annoying thing is it doesn’t then return to you set offset, you have to wait and then manually increase.
Trying to be too smart (but not smart enough!)

Updated to 14.8 today and I think the auto cancel indicators are performing worse: only switch off sometimes, with corners ok but lane changes (even on clearly marked freeway lanes) much less so. Just my impression day 1.

Anyone else notice this?
Update: indicator auto cancel back to what I remember with 14.9. Yet to test TACC which I couldn't access on 14.8..

Good morning

Has anyone else noticed that the regenerative braking isn’t the same as before after the software update? In the last two days, I’ve had to use the friction brake more often
I've noticed this, but I also think the colder weather might be partly to blame. More often than not, my vehicle shows 'too cold for regen'. My commute to work is only 20 mins and I have a terrible habit of not pre-conditioning before I leave in the morning (start times vary so I regularly forget to schedule it).

Reactions: elddum and Jules22
Good morning

Has anyone else noticed that the regenerative braking isn’t the same as before after the software update? In the last two days, I’ve had to use the friction brake more often
Morning Gavarse, didnt notice any change in my case to be honest but only drove to a pizza shop nearby last night. So, 10 mins drive without too much traffic isn't a good test I guess

I've noticed this, but I also think the colder weather might be partly to blame. More often than not, my vehicle shows 'too cold for regen'. My commute to work is only 20 mins and I have a terrible habit of not pre-conditioning before I leave in the morning (start times vary so I regularly forget to schedule it).
Hi

In the morning, my car is preconditioned before I start it, and I’m not sure why still regen is bad. My commute is 25 to 30 km on the South Gippsland Highway and M1. In the evening, I don’t have the car preconditioned, but I will schedule it today to see if there’s any difference.

Also, yesterday, during a drizzle, my auto wiper wasn’t working. The first solution suggested in the app was to restart the car, so I just restarted it. I’ll see if there’s any difference in the regenerative braking during my evening drive after this restart