Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Again, that's just conjecture?

US20080137908A1 - Detecting and recognizing traffic signs - Google Patents

"A method for detecting and identifying a traffic sign in a computerized system mounted on a moving vehicle. The system includes a camera mounted on the moving vehicle. The camera captures in real time multiple image frames of the environment in the field of view of the camera and transfers the image frames to an image processor. The processor is programmed for performing the detection of the traffic sign and for performing another driver assistance function. The image frames are partitioned into the image processor into a first portion of the image frames for the detection of the traffic sign and into a second portion of the image frames for the other driver assistance function. Upon detecting an image suspected to be of the traffic sign in at least one of said image frames of the first portion, the image is tracked in at least one of the image frames of the second portion."

As someone with absolutely no experience in the american patent system this seems extremely broad, but what can ya do.

• Informative
Reactions: conman
[snip]
P.S. on M1 here between Robina and Elanora when driving south, the speed should be 80 for most of the way and 100 the rest of the way, the TACC changes the limit there about 5-6 times and at a point brings it down to 40 which forces pretty sudden breaking, that on a motorway is a bit worrying. I have learned to just hold the accelerator down in that area to stop TACC from breaking.

If it's the spot I'm thinking about then I believe it shows that you are on the slip road to the left on the map and reduces the speed limit for that road. It freaked me out when it happened the first time I was driving down to the airport.

I've had that same scenario, where it thinks it's on another road, happen in a couple of places now.

I don't think that driving with my foot over the accelerator instead of the brake is the safest way to drive, but that's the best option I've come up with to avoid someone ramming me from behind.

I've had a couple of sudden braking situations on the M1 with overpasses on sunny days too. One scared someone who was following me too close and they backed off to a safe distance, but again, that could have ended rather badly.

US20080137908A1 - Detecting and recognizing traffic signs - Google Patents

"A method for detecting and identifying a traffic sign in a computerized system mounted on a moving vehicle. The system includes a camera mounted on the moving vehicle. The camera captures in real time multiple image frames of the environment in the field of view of the camera and transfers the image frames to an image processor. The processor is programmed for performing the detection of the traffic sign and for performing another driver assistance function. The image frames are partitioned into the image processor into a first portion of the image frames for the detection of the traffic sign and into a second portion of the image frames for the other driver assistance function. Upon detecting an image suspected to be of the traffic sign in at least one of said image frames of the first portion, the image is tracked in at least one of the image frames of the second portion."

As someone with absolutely no experience in the american patent system this seems extremely broad, but what can ya do.
Thanks, much more informative than what I've read before. I wonder if a neural network that does both the detection and recognition can be considered "an image processor" and two separate portions.

Voice commands finally working for me. The new ones are great eg I’m cold.
Maybe we should start a thread for funniest voice command misinterpretations...

Yesterday I tried “turn airconditioner on”. It understood what I said and displayed the correct text on the card. It then proceeded to navigate me to the nearest household Air Conditioning supplier :p

Maybe we should start a thread for funniest voice command misinterpretations...

Yesterday I tried “turn airconditioner on”. It understood what I said and displayed the correct text on the card. It then proceeded to navigate me to the nearest household Air Conditioning supplier :p
And here I was thinking you were making a sexual advance to your airconditioning, wanting to ‘turn it on’

I would really like to see the option to manually override it at least in Australia where the data appears to be wrong at a high percentage of roads. The strange thing is that it does let you override it in some areas and does not in others, would be nice to let it be overridden always.
Override with the accelerator pedal if the scroll wheel isn’t accepted (better than dropping out of AP for me).
I’ve tried editing speed limits on openstreetmap.org in the hope that this will propagate to the Mapbox database that Tesla apparently uses - no joy so far.

I think the understanding is that it uses Open Street Maps "live" for Summon, but uses it's data via some sort of batch process for cruise control type stuff.
There have been plenty of posts and most of them are speculating it behaves that way but as there have been a few fringe examples where something got fixed in open street maps and a year later was still not fixed in Teslas navigation, I suspect it is all just speculation and until Tesla releases that information or leaks it, we will not know what the process is for updating their navigation data in cars. They may use multiple sources and take the majority vote on differences or any other method.

I can no longer see text messages on the screen, is that to do with my setting or the update? I used to able to reply to text messages by voice commands, albeit rather poorly, after one of the recent updates, but now I cannot see the messages at all.

Click on the Bluetooth Icon on the Car and check that "Sync Messages" is selected. Has dropped off for me a couple of times.

• Informative
Reactions: Hairyman