Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Rebooted NoA back to life.

I agree that the autopilot is a lot smoother.

I also notice that I can push the right scroll button once briefly to give voice commands rather than keep holding the button down. The voice recognition is better too. I have also noticed it works better if you slow down a bit and use discreet speech.

I also notice that I can push the right scroll button once briefly to give voice commands rather than keep holding the button down. The voice recognition is better too. I have also noticed it works better if you slow down a bit and use discreet speech.
You must be on MCU2, I have had about 5% success rate with this speech recognition on MCU1 despite talking very discreetly and slowly and with an American accent, and ONLY if I keep holding the button down till it completes recognising the command AND executing it. If I just press the button briefly it recognises precisely zero words. About the only success I had was when I'd given up trying to get it to work and told mine to "get f**d" and it recognised the words accurately but failed to perform the desired command.

.....I also notice that I can push the right scroll button once briefly to give voice commands rather than keep holding the button down.
That is not actually new with this update. I already have it with the previous version 19.40.50.7. It works for all the general commands and in the web browser a quick press and release of the right button will allow me to enter text via voice as I'm doing now.

• Informative
Reactions: Hairyman
You must be on MCU2, I have had about 5% success rate with this speech recognition on MCU1 despite talking very discreetly and slowly and with an American accent, and ONLY if I keep holding the button down till it completes recognising the command AND executing it. If I just press the button briefly it recognises precisely zero words. About the only success I had was when I'd given up trying to get it to work and told mine to "get f**d" and it recognised the words accurately but failed to perform the desired command.
The problem is you are talking discretely and with an american accent. That just isn’t possibly.

Update to 2020.4.1 & the only documented new feature I can see is the additional vehicle information section. Rest must be bug fixes and tweaks.
Same for me. Did a drive last night after the update, the wipers had same issues when rain came, the automatic high beams were even worse, so I had to disable them and use manual high beams and all the rest acted exactly as before.

Same for me. Did a drive last night after the update, the wipers had same issues when rain came, the automatic high beams were even worse, so I had to disable them and use manual high beams and all the rest acted exactly as before.

that's disappointing. The wipers and voice commands are still crap after the last update. I was hoping for a fix for these. A typical example is like when I pressed the washer button several times yesterday and the wipers started slowly as the windscreen was washed then went to max speed and wouldn't stop. The Neural droplet thing just doesn't work.

The wipers and voice commands are still crap after the last update. I was hoping for a fix for these. A typical example is like when I pressed the washer button several times yesterday and the wipers started slowly as the windscreen was washed then went to max speed and wouldn't stop. The Neural droplet thing just doesn't work.
When I went on my first road trip a couple of weeks ago I was a bit concerned about how the wipers would work, since rain was forecast and I’d be doing freeway driving at speed. I’d read some “horror” stories. But on the whole the wipers were fine on “Auto” - much better than I expected. The rain varied on the drive from really heavy to very light mizzle and the wipers ran at an appropriate speed probably 95% of the time. I only needed to give the stalk the occasional tap to wipe when the rain was very light and the wipers’ intermittency was a bit too low for my liking.

But yeah, voice commands for me are still very hit and miss. With the AC on and fan running at speed in the hot weather, it rarely understands what I’ve said, or even doesn’t pick up that I’ve said anything, possibly due to the background noise. Where are the microphones? Maybe I need to giraffe my head closer to the mic.

But on the whole the wipers were fine on “Auto” - much better than I expected. The rain varied on the drive from really heavy to very light mizzle and the wipers ran at an appropriate speed probably 95% of the time. I only needed to give the stalk the occasional tap to wipe when the rain was very light and the wipers’ intermittency was a bit too low for my liking.
So far my experience with the automatic wipers has been that if the rain comes during the day, they tend to either ignore the rain and not start when needed or work just fine. Probably about 25% ignore and 75% fine. If they start working, then they do fine until next time it rains. Now if I happen to be driving in the dark and it starts raining the problem of auto not detecting rain is more 90% ignore and 10% fine. That makes it somewhat low chance of being useful in the dark.

• Informative
Reactions: Hairyman
Yesterday while driving I noticed the camera icon has vanished while driving. The sentry mode icon comes back when I put the car in park, but while driving there is no more camera icon on screen, so if I want to record an event, I no longer have the option of tapping it. I do know I can record on pressing the horn, but in many situations where I see interesting things happening on the road, I do not want to draw extra attention to myself. Is this just my car or did that push to everyone?

Yesterday while driving I noticed the camera icon has vanished while driving. The sentry mode icon comes back when I put the car in park, but while driving there is no more camera icon on screen, so if I want to record an event, I no longer have the option of tapping it. I do know I can record on pressing the horn, but in many situations where I see interesting things happening on the road, I do not want to draw extra attention to myself. Is this just my car or did that push to everyone?
Nope, mines still there.
Maybe the dashcam isn't working properly. Sentry mode will still appear even without it being correctly connected afaik since its not only for recording but using the interior microphones to detect glass breaking making it a fancy alarm. Check your drive.

Nope, mines still there.
Maybe the dashcam isn't working properly. Sentry mode will still appear even without it being correctly connected afaik since its not only for recording but using the interior microphones to detect glass breaking making it a fancy alarm. Check your drive.
Thanks for the hint. I have a 500GB Samsung SSD in there, so I pulled it out and attached to a computer and that found that the drive needed a repair. After that I put it back in the car and the icon is back and recording fine. I only have about 1 day gap in the recordings, so glad that was an easy fix.

I have noticed that since the 2020.4.1 update, cruise control is very harsh on the brakes when stopping behind other cars - to the point where it could cause an accident from behind. It will start slowing down as cars ahead have stopped at a red light, but with about 4-5 car lengths of space in front it will suddenly emergency brake. Never did this on the 2019.* versions...

I have noticed that since the 2020.4.1 update, cruise control is very harsh on the brakes when stopping behind other cars - to the point where it could cause an accident from behind. It will start slowing down as cars ahead have stopped at a red light, but with about 4-5 car lengths of space in front it will suddenly emergency brake. Never did this on the 2019.* versions...
A similar thing happened to me once in early January. I did not have cruise control on though, and still on 2019 software. I was slowing down approaching a red light, the car in front of me couldn’t decide whether it should stop or not, and made a belated decision to do so, slamming on its brakes. I was doing under 20 km/h, foot not on the brake but regen was slowing me down plenty fast enough, I would have comfortably pulled up in time. Still, my car slammed on the brakes too, complete with a tyre screech to bring me to a complete halt, but with at least 2-3 car lengths gap to the car in front. It was quite a shock and freaked me out a bit. Luckily I wasn’t rear ended. I think it was over-zealous AEB.