Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I seem to have got downgraded on my S85, from "v10.2 (2020.8.11 fd1e27c664df)" installed on 21 March'20 to "v10.2 (2020.8.2 dc9bc402da23)" installed today 11 April'20, don't know if there is any differences as I haven't really drove the car much lately due the current restrictions.

Last edited:
So any actual way to force the latest update? Getting fsd I was hoping would be part of the first lot to get the latest. But does not seem that way.

There's no way to "force" an update, you get it when Tesla say you can have it ... anyway, it looks like 2020.12.5 was pulled from release in Australia around lunchtime yesterday ... assuming it was something to do with the FSD Vis problem.

So you're saying people shouldn't keep clicking on the advance slider 10 times every 2 mins expecting a magic to happen and get 12.5?
Well that would be my recommendation, but I'm not normal.

My software update preference is set to "Standard". At some point, I will get a notification on my iPhone that a new software version is downloaded and ready to install. I later install it at a convenient time. And the bonus is you will miss the dud updates that Tesla discovers are horribly buggy in some way and pulls after a few days.

That approach saves a lot of unnecessary angst in my view.

Reactions: baillies
Green said its coming soon.
I wonder if thats the reason the update was pulled.

CleanShot 2020-04-12 at 18.40.57@2x.png

Reactions: T3SL4A
Green said its coming soon.
I wonder if thats the reason the update was pulled.
I doubt they pulled it because of what Green said ;)

2020.12.5 already has the FSD driving visualisation preview cooked in doesn't it. otherwise why is the menu there. I would have thought the capability is in the firmware right now. Tesla just need to throw a switch on their server to make it available in our region? When NOA was not yet available in OZ was there a similar greyed menu and region message? Or was the choice missing entirely and only became visible with a new firmware?
Might be just a case of waiting for the FSD Vis preview slider to become active in 2020.12.5.

So I updated mine to 2020.12.5 yesterday and noticed an annoyance. now every time I get in the car it connects my phone through BT like before, but now it tries calling 129 for voicemail or something and every time, I just have to hang up, as I do not have voicemail set up. I wonder if there is a way to tell it not to try checking for voicemail while still keeping the text message reading on?

Anyone else’s screen taking a long time to turn on when you get in the car?

Has happened since I installed the last update I got (.8 something). I have to sit and wait for a while before the screen turns on. Actually, sometimes the long unresponsive pause is at the pin-to-drive screen.

I am still on 8.3, not sure if it is to do with the update, but my auto high beam has gone crazy. It constantly goes on and off, so much so that I had to disable it. It’s just useless.

Auto high beam has been useless since day 1, nothing to do with the update. It has the single worst auto high beam of any car I’ve ever driven.

It goes on even in fairly bright environments, it does a terrible job of identifying oncoming traffic (or cars you are following) to turn itself off so you end up with a lot of irate drivers flashing you back and it goes crazy by turning on/off every time th smallest of reflections from things like stop signs and other traffic signs.

It is SOOO bad that you literally should never use it unless you live in the middle of rural Australia. Having it active in metro areas is a disaster as it constantly wants to go on.

Reactions: SaturnV