Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Think it was always scroll wheel, just Hairyman (and probably others) weren't aware.

My personal view is you should be minimising use of the touchscreen while driving.
So right scroll wheel for following distance.
Double right stalk down for setting AP to current speed limit
Left stalk end button for wipers
Voice for glovebox or changing aircon settings.

My only real use of the screen would be to check for software updates :), switch Spotify albums and if I'm tight on range and monitoring energy charts.

Think it was always scroll wheel, just Hairyman (and probably others) weren't aware.

My personal view is you should be minimising use of the touchscreen while driving.
So right scroll wheel for following distance.
Double right stalk down for setting AP to current speed limit
Left stalk end button for wipers
Voice for glovebox or changing aircon settings.

My only real use of the screen would be to check for software updates :), switch Spotify albums and if I'm tight on range and monitoring energy charts.
I would love to have the energy graph as a card on top of the visualisation display. Then you can take that task of your screen touching list ;)

Reactions: Vostok
Double-tap is for engaging AP. A long hold down is what re-sets to the current speed limit.
Not quite.
Double-tap is for engaging AP at Set Speed. You select Set speed in the AP Settings menu. Choices for Set Speed are Current Speed or Speed Limit adjusted for offset (if any). I have mine set to Speed Limit so that is what I get on double tap. I have not tested it lately but I seem to recall long hold down gives you the opposite to what is selected in Set Speed.

Having updated to 2020.48.26 on my M3.
Visualisation have taken real-estate from the maps. Having the cluster down the right hand side of the display leads to it getting obscured by steering wheel or hands. Strikes me this arrangement would work well in LHD cars in the US where it would place the cluster 1/3 of the way across the screen. In an attempt to regain map real estate the dashcam, WiFi and Phone icons are now overlaid on top of the map and harder to see, find and tap on. They used to be in a border area. Car graphic no longer matches paint colour, car has incorrect wheels. I find the frunk/truck buttons less intuitive as they used to be orientated forward and aft on the screen.
I am not a fan. S'Pose it rounds out the year nicely.
Glad I am not alone.
This thread in the parent forums on shows there are many unhappy campers.
Anyone else dislike the new UI?

Glad I am not alone. This thread in the parent forums on shows there are many unhappy campers.
Anyone else dislike the new UI?
I’m glad I’m on “Standard” SW update and have not installed this one. I get the occasional urging to “connect my car to WiFi” to download the next update, but gee, for some reason my car is not connected to WiFi right now :D

Maybe the release after the release after this one will revert to a better UI :cool:

Reactions: Wol747 and Flatbat
Not quite.
Double-tap is for engaging AP at Set Speed. You select Set speed in the AP Settings menu. Choices for Set Speed are Current Speed or Speed Limit adjusted for offset (if any). I have mine set to Speed Limit so that is what I get on double tap. I have not tested it lately but I seem to recall long hold down gives you the opposite to what is selected in Set Speed.
Just re tested this last sentence and it is true when Set Speed = Current speed. Double tap gives you AP at current speed. If you make the second press long you can see the AP activation speed beside the speedo change from current speed to speed limit & AP activates at Speed Limit. Unfortunately the reverse is not true when Set Speed = Speed limit. You get speed limit, regardless of second tap duration. I believe the current speed feature is only on Model 3/Y. Going to leave my Set Speed at current speed from now, on as it is the only setting option that benefits from the long second press.

I’m glad I’m on “Standard” SW update and have not installed this one. I get the occasional urging to “connect my car to WiFi” to download the next update, but gee, for some reason my car is not connected to WiFi right now :D

Maybe the release after the release after this one will revert to a better UI :cool:
You are lucky. I am pretty disappointed with the UI change.
Can someone tell me where the mute icon for the reverse beeps has moved to? It used to be sitting beside the car avatar. Here is a screen grab of where it used to be (on a LH drive car)
upload_2021-1-4_17-56-39.png

I used to use it all the time to shut the warning tones up when backing into my driveway. Now I cannot find it.

You are lucky. I am pretty disappointed with the UI change.
Can someone tell me where the mute icon for the reverse beeps has moved to? It used to be sitting beside the car avatar. Here is a screen grab of where it used to be (on a LH drive car)...
I used to use it all the time to shut the warning tones up when backing into my driveway. Now I cannot find it.

Whoa! I didn't know you could get reverse beeps, let alone mute it with a button!

Anyway, while we're on the subject of where stuff went, can someone advise where the icon went to press to make a voice command?

• Funny
Reactions: T3SL4A
Whoa! I didn't know you could get reverse beeps, let alone mute it with a button!

Anyway, while we're on the subject of where stuff went, can someone advise where the icon went to press to make a voice command?
Gone as well. Only the right hand steering wheel button works now. Passenger can reach over and press that button while you are driving or ask the driver nicely to press it...

Reactions: Punchbuggy

hold right scroll wheel down

has anyone noticed that NoAP has a new behaviour that will turn back to regular autopilot whenever there is a cross street that intersects a highway?

Reactions: Punchbuggy
What's frustrating for me having driven a US model 3 is navigate on autopilot in Australia requires a bump on the steering wheel to change lanes even though automatic lane change is enabled.

Is this purely an Australian nanny state requirement? The US model 3 software seems to automatically change lanes without any steering confirmation when we used it. As if you have it enabled, the turn signal comes on and the car just changes lanes.

Reactions: Wol747