Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting I got 2022.8.2.5 which seems RHD focussed, and today followed a Sydney bus.

Correctly IDd as a bus and ignored the 40 sign on back.

The 40/60 Ahead signs at one time got ignored as they were black but for more recently are taken as a speed change.

When travelling at speed I actually don't mind this behaviour as it typically ensures you are down at the posted speed at or before the change sign.

And no, "bug report" doesn't work, it doesn't understand me 90% of the time. Something like a quick double press of both wheels.

You can long-press the car icon and it does a bug-report. You just can't say what it's for.

Voice-wise, I found skipping the 'bug' bit works 99%. eg. "Report Incorrect speed limit'.

Yes, I know reports just go into the abyss.

• Informative
Reactions: Hairyman and moa999
You can long-press the car icon and it does a bug-report. You just can't say what it's for.

Voice-wise, I found skipping the 'bug' bit works 99%. eg. "Report Incorrect speed limit'.

Yes, I know reports just go into the abyss.
Bug report is a marker in the very significant amount of data produced and stored every minute. If you have an issue do a ‘bug report’ (saying anything is pointless), note the time, and then do a service report and tell the engineers the problem, the time, and that you left a marker with a ‘bug report’

@paulp which is exactly what I've been doing in the past and it's eternally frustrating to wait for their callback and then try to remember which incident this refers to. I have upwards of 10 events where the car does something inexplicable on an average drive from Sydney to Melbourne. Which is why this should be a customer facing interface we can query ourselves. I've seen the interface they use. The vast majority of us could make sense of it on no time...

About those auto seat heaters that were added in one of the recent updates. So I did not bother going over the settings and it appears to be set on auto by default even though it was on off setting before that auto was added. I noticed the auto setting is way too aggressive. Yesterday I had to go for a drive rather early in the morning. My car has been set to 21c for cabin temperature and when I got in the car in garage, the temperature was slightly above that, So about 2 minutes later, while driving I feel my ass getting really hot, so I noticed, outside temperature was 19, but the temp in car seemed still plenty warm, but the car had set my seat heating on max for some strange reason, so I have now changed that setting from auto to off, as that was rather uncomfortable.
I don’t have the seat warmers set to Auto and still have found them turn on when I didn’t want them on. It seems to be related to the situation you describe - the outside temp is below the temp set in the climate controls. I really want a setting that says “NEVER TURN ON SEAT WARMERS”. I thought that having “Auto Seat warmers” turned off would be that setting.

This also highlights a weakness with the temperature control. I want to cool the car if the temp is above 22c but not warm the car if it is below 22c. In our temperate climate 19c is ok and you don’t want the car to be warmed up to 22c in that situation.

I don’t have the seat warmers set to Auto and still have found them turn on when I didn’t want them on. It seems to be related to the situation you describe - the outside temp is below the temp set in the climate controls. I really want a setting that says “NEVER TURN ON SEAT WARMERS”. I thought that having “Auto Seat warmers” turned off would be that setting.

This also highlights a weakness with the temperature control. I want to cool the car if the temp is above 22c but not warm the car if it is below 22c. In our temperate climate 19c is ok and you don’t want the car to be warmed up to 22c in that situation.
I have now worked out that the Auto seat heater setting is turned on when you select Auto climate control. To make worse the selected Auto Seat Warmer buttons are highlighted in grey rather than Blue.

• Informative
Reactions: Vostok

I always have climate control (CC) set to Manual so that only the fan runs, not the condenser, to either recirculate or draw in outside air, and only turn it to Auto if I want to cool the car. I very rarely use the heater (i.e, turn CC to Auto and set a temperature higher than outside) and if it’s really cold I just use the seat heaters by themselves. Can the seat heaters still be turned on if CC is set to Manual? They could under the old UI.

Against the general run of play I’m finding the voice recognition in 22.12.1 much improved. I am able to open submenus in settings now. ie I can say open trip settings or open light settings and have the appropriate setting page open up.

I still use discrete speech and a fairly rounded accent - not my usual speaking voice.

Reactions: Sir Surfalot