Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone had any issues with the touchscreen just being black/unresponsive? Picked up the car on Saturday and it's happened twice since. Booked a service request but just curious.
Happened to me too - car is only a couple of weeks old, applied 2023.20.4.1 in the evening, got in the car the next morning to drive and the screen was black. Reset fixed it, but it's happened once again since. Hopefully a fix is forthcoming soon...

Looks like we have another FSD Beta version in Aus

Screenshot 2023-06-30 at 7.24.54 am.png

Black screen seems to be a somewhat common issue with 2023.20.4.1
I have been wondering about this. My car is usually a magnet for weird firmware bugs, but I haven’t had this issue at all, driven 1000km or so in the almost 2 weeks I have been running that version.

Could it affect (only/more) the newer cars with the AMD Ryzen MCU chipset, and not (as much) the older Intel Atom ones like mine?

The black screen issue is annoying.. Passed 1000km without any problems, and now, after updating to 2023.20.4.1, it happens every day! How come they ship the new version without testing it, I don't understand...
just hope your critical autopilot and fsd systems are tested more rigorously. I wonder why tesla are the only manufacturer that still has lane keeping and active cruise control as a beta?

The black screen issue is annoying.. Passed 1000km without any problems, and now, after updating to 2023.20.4.1, it happens every day! How come they ship the new version without testing it, I don't understand...

Good thing I have ignored the nag to install 2023.20.4.1 then.

I’ll wait until the next update that fixes the latest set of bugs without introducing new ones that are even worse.

Just saying that I've had 2023.20.4.1 for about 10 days now on my Feb 2023 build MYRWD and have no issues at all.
That said, I've experienced virtually none of the 'common' issues that people talk about: no phantom braking, only two dry wipes, no black screens, zero build-quality issues, etc.
I count myself fortunate in appearing to have a 'good' car!

Reactions: moa999