Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Luckily my Spotify has been error free all along from 20.6,7,8,9.

What is your LTE signal during those glitches?
LTE signal is strong, it does not appear to affect other systems, just the Spotify app. I suspect when car is parked it pauses that app. Since I leave sentry on, the car does not go to sleep and other systems retain access to LTE (I can remote watch cameras), so when I get back to the car, Spotify does not wake up and says error loading song on the screen. If I then change from Spotify to radio (any station) and then back to Spotify, it re-loads Spotify and it works perfectly fine.

Spotify has been iffy for as long as I've had my car (3+ years now). When I open the driver door and enter the car it
- sometimes starts playing what I last played on another spotify device on the same account
- most often doesn't play anything
- sometimes plays some random music

Considering the significant software defects that affect the actual operability of the vehicle, I've never bothered enough to even worry about this...

Spotify has been iffy for as long as I've had my car (3+ years now). When I open the driver door and enter the car it
- sometimes starts playing what I last played on another spotify device on the same account
- most often doesn't play anything
- sometimes plays some random music

Considering the significant software defects that affect the actual operability of the vehicle, I've never bothered enough to even worry about this...
I used to think those defects were the cost of having an advanced car, but in the last 6 months between ownership by myself, family, and friends I’ve been able to sit extensively in the 2023 ev offerings of mg, byd, kia, polestar, merc, and bmw. The software in those cars does not suffer the tesla issues, nor do they have regular ‘bug fixes’.
I’m sure this will get loads of hate, but before you do, best go ask owners of the latest ev’s about their software experiences. You might be surprised.

Hearing reports that the lithium ion Tesla SOC recommendation for daily use over trip use has been moved from 90% to 80% on the new software versions but since my VIN hasnt yet hit the lottery I cant load that version yet
All Teslas have lithium ion batteries (LFP is a kind of lithium ion battery - the differences are in the cathode material). I believe the other Tesla cathodes are either NMC, NCA or NCMA depending on whether it's an LG or Panasonic battery and when it was made.

Tesla SOC recommendation for daily use over trip use has been moved from 90% to 80% on the new software versions
Won't cause any issues for the majority of drivers especially with the increase in charging options.
I think range anxiety still lurks subliminally in some EV drivers brains.

Received 2023.20.9 today, but not installed yet. Anyone installed this yet? Any issues?
None whatsoever
The best way to not be the among the first to get software updates is to set updates to standard instead of advanced. Advanced pushes the update to you quicker.

Thanks Quiclst and Cafz. Im led to believe in 2023 M3P its Lithium Ion NMC 78.1 KWH nominal 75 KWH useable capacity 440v architecture on 4416 cells with a nominal voltage of 357v. FWIW Ive set mine @ 55% instead of 80%/90% for my general around town stuff after looking into this area deeply as a personal decision on general use for my use cases.

Won't cause any issues for the majority of drivers especially with the increase in charging options.
I think range anxiety still lurks subliminally in some EV drivers brains.

None whatsoever
The best way to not be the among the first to get software updates is to set updates to standard instead of advanced. Advanced pushes the update to you quicker.
Having had 2 identical S with a vin difference of 1 digit, I set one on advanced and one on normal. They took turns at receiving the update first. That button does nothing.