Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's how it's supposed to work. Can confirm
Yep, but being a long time Tesla driver (8 years+) it seems to be new behaviour…I’ve only tested in 3, not sure on the X.

But I’m back in Shanghai tomorrow (in country China at the moment), when I am back I am going to try a bunch of Chinese EVs and their various AP implementations….looking forward to comparing…

Reactions: paulp and moa999
Gah damn software was updated again. Car was at body shop for six weeks, picked it up and surprise you now have 2023.26! Oh and we erased your wife's profile, and erased your trip (energy) meters (which annoys me as I like statistics).

I suspect that the reason my profile is still there is because I've provided an email address and it "synch's" with "the cloud".

Pretty sure this wasn't the body shop's work, they never mentioned anything about updating software and why should they, it's not their job. Suspect it's just Tesla finally pushing it through. I've disconnected from all Wifi since the disastrous 2022.26 (?) update which forced the use of the awful auto-wipers any time TACC/AP was used and completely reset the whole computer (erased profiles, trips, everything but keys).

:mad:

/rant (sorry)

Installed 2023.32.7 this afternoon. Went for a bit of a drive and thought that the prompts to touch the wheel on autopilot were even longer a few times. close to a minute by just counting to 60 as a measure.

what it does do is allow 10/10A charging on a UMC charger when connected to a standard wall socket, up from 8A.

Reactions: dronus
Did one of the updates this year make the sounds really quiet? I could scarcely hear the indicators anymore. I figured Joe Mode had actually started to do something (turned that off and could hear indicators again but wife says even with it off it’s not making noise. Will try toggling).

Oh and is delete and re-add the first thing to try when a Bluetooth phone key doesn’t work? And can we buy fobs yet (wife is sick of it)?

Ah damn just noticed Sentry was on in the driveway? Why? The “exclude home” box is ticked. Oh, shithead (car’s new name, since he forgot that too) has also forgotten all of the locations, including Home. Crap. Is there any way to back these up and load or have I to manually enter them all again?

And finally, can anyone explain why the car would charge for four hours (from midnight as intended), switch off for an hour, then charge again for another hour? Never seen that before either.

Last edited:
Did one of the updates this year make the sounds really quiet? I could scarcely hear the indicators anymore. I figured Joe Mode had actually started to do something (turned that off and could hear indicators again but wife says even with it off it’s not making noise. Will try toggling).

Oh and is delete and re-add the first thing to try when a Bluetooth phone key doesn’t work? And can we buy fobs yet (wife is sick of it)?

Ah damn just noticed Sentry was on in the driveway? Why? The “exclude home” box is ticked. Oh, shithead (car’s new name, since he forgot that too) has also forgotten all of the locations, including Home. Crap. Is there any way to back these up and load or have I to manually enter them all again?

And finally, can anyone explain why the car would charge for four hours (from midnight as intended), switch off for an hour, then charge again for another hour? Never seen that before either.
Doesn't sound like that update was a pleasant experience!

• Funny
Reactions: bay74
If you have it set to charge ready for a specific departure time, it will charge in stages to ensure that it hits your target SOC just before you leave. It starts early as it doesn't know what speed source it's plugged into.

• Informative
Reactions: meloccom
If you have it set to charge ready for a specific departure time, it will charge in stages to ensure that it hits your target SOC just before you leave. It starts early as it doesn't know what speed source it's plugged into.
Thanks but no I set it to the scheduled start time option (as I have cheaper power from midnight to 4am, stuffed if I know why those hours in this day and age but whatever). It did indeed start at midnight as intended. It's the 3kW load (blue line).

1696383160069.png

In the last few weeks got the "Premium Connectivity expired" message in the bottom right card section. Got MY in Nov 2022 and yes, came with 3 months free Premium Connectivity. May have had a few messages then about expiration. But after second last update it now appears almost every day!
Got absolutely no used for any of the features in the subscription.

Tesla trying to annoy you so much that one is willing to pay for the subscription just to not have that message there covering the current audio source?

Is it still doing the charge stop thing or was it just a one-off? Also tesla managed to wipe all my settings without backing it up first. Had to start again.

If you have the Gen 3 Wall connector, best to schedule it via that instead of the car. Far more predictable than the car and it has an end time too.

If you have the Gen 3 Wall connector, best to schedule it via that instead of the car. Far more predictable than the car and it has an end time too.
No luck, I've a Gen 2. And I think one of the late, dud, Gen 2s which can only charge Teslas (i.e. no other brands) regardless of how much you fiddle with dip switches.

At least it should be able to be used in slave mode. I intend to use a Raspberry Pi as the 'master', as that Pi is the one speaking with the smart meter (i.e. monitoring exports etc...; via Zigbee).

Thanks for the info though.

Reactions: SPadival
Thanks but no I set it to the scheduled start time option (as I have cheaper power from midnight to 4am, stuffed if I know why those hours in this day and age but whatever). It did indeed start at midnight as intended. It's the 3kW load (blue line).

View attachment 979452
Had it been Sunday morning, and a slightly different time, I'd have suggested it might have something to do with daylight savings...

2023.32.6 Autopilot speed settings nerfed / borked / bugged?
See this thread 2023.32.6 autopilot speed limit change?

RANT!

Changes in 2023.32.6 Autopilot speed settings have reduced Autopilot functionality to a choice between dangerous versus useless.
The two Set Speed settings (Speed Limit / Current Speed) no longer behave safely!

Set Speed = Speed Limit is THE CRAZIEST UNSAFEST SETTING that borks low speed driving.

Set Speed (i)
[ Speed Limit ] [ Current Speed ]
Offset (i)
[ Fixed ] [Percentage ]
[-] +km/h [+]

The car accelerates to the speed limit (+/- offset) when TACC engaged.
If you are in a 40kph school zone and you want cruise control on, to keep all attention on any pedestrians without glancing at speed and the set speed is 60kph, because zone isnt in the map database, when you engage TACC the car will accelerate to 60kph +/- offset, so crazy right scroll wheel adjusting to get down to 40kph all the while scrolling and looking at screen speed, not at road. UNSAFE!

So just Set Speed to Current Speed so TACC doesn't speed up?
Nope that now borks Auto Steering as Autopilot refuses to go faster than the posted speed limit
because the Offset setting is disabled (Offset set to zero)

Set Speed = Current Speed is THE NERFED USELESS SETTING that borks highway driving.
Set Speed (i)
Offset (i) DISABLED!!!!!!
[ Fixed ] [Percentage ]
[-] 0km/h [+] IS RESET TO ZERO!!

Previous behaviour before 2023.32.6 :
one right stalk down for TACC - current speed kept, did not accelerate.​
option long right stalk down to accelerate to posted speed limit +/- offset.​
second right stalk down for Auto Steer - scroll wheel allow set speed to speed limit +/- offset.​
My totally nasty work around is to Set Speed to Current Speed for safe low speed behaviour of TACC and when on open road engage Auto Steer and immediately press CAR icon, select Autopilot, select Set Speed to Speed Limit, press the [+] button to reach my offset. Nastier yet when I am entering a low speed zone with traffic is to again press CAR icon, select Autopilot, select Set Speed to Current Speed for low speed TACC.

THE FIX IS EASY TESLA, JUST REVERSE THIS REGRESSION TO ENABLE THE OFFSET CONTROLS ON SET SPEED = CURRENT SPEED

Last edited:
2023.32.6 Autopilot speed settings nerfed / borked / bugged?
See this thread 2023.32.6 autopilot speed limit change?

RANT!

Changes in 2023.32.6 Autopilot speed settings have reduced Autopilot functionality to a choice between dangerous versus useless.
The two Set Speed settings (Speed Limit / Current Speed) no longer behave safely!

Set Speed = Speed Limit is THE CRAZIEST UNSAFEST SETTING that borks low speed driving.

Set Speed (i)
Offset (i)
[ Fixed ] [Percentage ]
[-] +km/h [+]

The car accelerates to the speed limit (+/- offset) when TACC engaged.
If you are in a 40kph school zone and you want cruise control on, to keep all attention on any pedestrians without glancing at speed and the set speed is 60kph, because zone isnt in the map database, when you engage TACC the car will accelerate to 60kph +/- offset, so crazy right scroll wheel adjusting to get down to 40kph all the while scrolling and looking at screen speed, not at road. UNSAFE!

So just Set Speed to Current Speed so TACC doesn't speed up?
Nope that now borks Auto Steering as Autopilot refuses to go faster than the posted speed limit
because the Offset setting is disabled (Offset set to zero)

Set Speed = Current Speed is THE NERFED USELESS SETTING that borks highway driving.
Set Speed (i)
Offset (i) DISABLED!!!!!!
[ Fixed ] [Percentage ]
[-] 0km/h [+] IS RESET TO ZERO!!

Previous behaviour before 2023.32.6 :
one right stalk down for TACC - current speed kept, did not accelerate.​
second right stalk down for Auto Steer - scroll wheel allow set speed to speed limit +/- offset.​
My totally nasty work around is to Set Speed to Current Speed for safe low speed behaviour of TACC and when on open road engage Auto Steer and immediately press CAR icon, select Autopilot, select Set Speed to Speed Limit, press the [+] button to reach my offset. Nastier yet when I am entering a low speed zone with traffic is to again press CAR icon, select Autopilot, select Set Speed to Current Speed for low speed TACC.

THE FIX IS EASY TESLA, JUST REVERSE THIS REGRESSION TO ENABLE THE OFFSET CONTROLS ON SET SPEED = CURRENT SPEED
Yeah, I found this frustrating on a recent road trip. I assume Tesla believe that speed limit sign recognition is working flawlessly (it really, really isn't) and the speedo is accurate (on mine, 100kph indicated is actually 98kph).

Between the problems above and the fact that Auto Steer also engages Auto High Beams (which are decent, but not reliable enough to trust they won't blond oncoming traffic) and doesn't turn them to manual when Auto Steer turns off, Auto Steer is really disappointing.

I keep telling them: They should give an option to help train the speed limit recognition. If enabled, the car would pop up a big sign that says "Limit X detected. Correct?" With big yes/no buttons. If user presses no, sends feedback to tesla that says it's the wrong speed limit so they can train the AI on the detection, and TACC reverts to the last limit detected.

It could be so simple. And it would automagically train the NN used to detect the signs.