Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just installed 2023.44.30.2. Never noticed the GPS message when in tunnel before.
original_dbff3cf1-533b-45c6-8f95-fc4f6fb65629_PXL_20231220_022536489.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Sir Surfalot
30.2 installed.
The only real one I'm interested in, simply from the fun factor, is the Custom Lock Sounds, and maybe the changes to Beach Buggy Racing... so, really updates that make my children smile.
The rest I don't really ever use like automatic blind spot camera, I have this turned off as it's more distracting than anything, light show I did once when initially released and no interest in doing the new song, more camera views on mobile app is ok.
Overall, it was a disappointing Holiday update.

• Disagree
Reactions: STUtoday
30.2 installed.
The only real one I'm interested in, simply from the fun factor, is the Custom Lock Sounds, and maybe the changes to Beach Buggy Racing... so, really updates that make my children smile.
The rest I don't really ever use like automatic blind spot camera, I have this turned off as it's more distracting than anything, light show I did once when initially released and no interest in doing the new song, more camera views on mobile app is ok.
Overall, it was a disappointing Holiday update.
So you are disappointed with the free additional features that tesla has gifted to you?

Reactions: STUtoday and moa999
Press the wiper once button on stalk; wiper level is displayed on screen; use left scroll with left and right action to set desired level. No touch screen touching required.
No not referring to changing wiper speed

The non screen method of changing wiper speed has one major problem. It is not possible to go from Auto to I with one press. In order to go from Auto to I, the driver needs to scroll from Auto to III to II to I. The other direction is the same. I just set to Auto and because of the lack of sensitivity adjustment, if Auto does not cause a wipe when i want it to I just press the wiper stalk once. Auto does not seem to be sensitive to misty or light rain. It seems to start late or is slower than I prefer.

What I am referring to is the sensitivity of Auto wiper function and not I, II, III which are just time based wiper function. Auto relies on some triggering algorithm. Sensitivity just changes the way the triggering algorithm responds to raindrops. Most cars have Auto sensitivity but not Tesla.

• Disagree
Reactions: STUtoday
Current software update appears to have been downloaded to the car about 10 times so far today (router is telling me the car has downloaded 22GB in the last 24 hours), but hasn’t yet successfully installed. Battery is draining at about 3% every 6 hours since the car won’t go to sleep properly, and is doing…. Something.

So it’s all going swimmingly really 🤪

• Funny
Reactions: Leeroy and moa999
And if you want Disney or anything else via the browser (full screen) I recommend the Tesloz Cinema portal.
Use the blue hamburger to change the options.

software update appears to have been downloaded to the car about 10 times so

Ouch. Haven't seen that before.

Also got 2023.44.30.2 today.

Seems to be an initial warning almost every time you turn on Autopilot (using one press) which is somewhat annoying, though didn't find it too bad after that.

Also noted in Games, that all the games list file size and a (small) uninstall button which I think is new. Suspect this is the first step to a games app store.

Did anyone have Disney+ removed from their Tesla during the latest updates?
Only got removed if you have never used it before. If you have ever clicked on the icon, then it will stay.

If you decide you want to use it after it was removed, it's just a visit to the web site and it'll be re-enabled as it was previously.

Still, it’s a petty response by the self-proclaimed “free speech absolutist”...
Assuming that's what it is, I'm pretty amibivalent about it. The stance by Disney was petty to start with, so I can understand not wanting to advertise their service for free. I agree Elon can be a little childish at times, this was a battle that had no reason to start and really should never have happened.