Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just installed 30.5.1. I hope it addresses the wipers. It was raining the other day and I had to activate the wipers manually during the whole drive. Then towards the end of the trip the car decided to start wiping normally for a while. It was really frustrating, as they have been working quite well before the Xmas update.

Reactions: Sir Surfalot
Is it just me or are the favourited locations in the nav continually being deleted (2023.44.30.2)?

My car is installing 2023.44.30.5.1 as I type, hopefully it fixes this because I need the favourites to stop sentry mode from turning on at those locations. Are you getting this at home as well? Mrs Leeroys 3 seems to have sentry active continuously at home. The address in the account matches the ‘home’ address in the car and it recognizes it at that location
Are you getting this issue at home as well? Mrs Leeroys’s 3 has sentry constantly on at home. The address in the account and the car match and the car recognizes it’s at that location, however sentry continually flashes as I walk into the garage. Yes, ‘exclude home’ is ticked.

Are you getting this issue at home as well? Mrs Leeroys’s 3 has sentry constantly on at home. The address in the account and the car match and the car recognizes it’s at that location, however sentry continually flashes as I walk into the garage. Yes, ‘exclude home’ is ticked.
For a fair while I had to make my address next door for the sentry exclusion to work. Then one day it no longer worked for that address so I reverted to mine. Been fine for a while now.

Reactions: Leeroy
Are you getting this issue at home as well?
At some point, before the holiday update, my home and saved favourites all disappeared. I only noticed because I happen to check the app at home and saw sentry mode on.

After the first holiday update I received (2023.44.30.2) the home address was intact but the favourites disappeared at some point. I have applied the 2023.44.30.5.1 update and so far the favourites and home address have survived.

My nav favourites (and home setting) disappeared along with all my other settings (factory reset, except keys), on the last two updates. Some settings come back from the cloud (if you have that set up) once you sign in - but not nav locations. Super annoying so I’m not doing updates until one comes along which actually has something non-trivial in it.

• Informative
Reactions: Maximillan and dasn
Just installed 30.5.1. I hope it addresses the wipers. It was raining the other day and I had to activate the wipers manually during the whole drive. Then towards the end of the trip the car decided to start wiping normally for a while. It was really frustrating, as they have been working quite well before the Xmas update.
And the answer to the wipers question is: Not fixed.

2023.44.30.5.1 and a CBR-SYD drive earlier.

Enhanced nag was annoying but at least it beeps (both for eye recognition and periodic tug). I usually squint in daylight (I'm a night person), and I'm tall, so the cabin camera doesn't see my eyes most of the time. To cancel the eye nag I sometimes had to dip my head and open my eyes. Ugh.

And the wipers were awful in heavy rain. Not fast enough. But at least it didn't swipe in dry weather anymore.

IMG_2239.jpeg

How long has volume adjustment been an app feature? (Car 30.5.1 // App 4.28.1)

Back on topic; driving in rain on the highway today I found the wipers a little under sensitive.

The NoA would tolerate more rain before giving up and reverting to standard lane following and TACC.

It would still pick up speed signs on exit ramps.

It was more tolerant of traffic merging from entry lanes into the lane to my left (USAnians beware we’re upside down where I come from) - before it would get quite nervous and brake to avoid a possible collision, but not on the several occasions on this trip.

There was no phantom braking, but overcast conditions and moderately dense traffic seems to mitigate against that, as was the case today.

It was surprisingly good at lane following in very difficult lighting - later in the afternoon, freshly wet road and so very little contrast with lane markings. I suspect it was making use of the car in front.

I’m on 44.30.5.1

Back on topic; driving in rain on the highway today I found the wipers a little under sensitive.
Similar experience, with 44.30.5.1 total travel of roughly 150km I had to keep pressing the wiper button.
Weirdly with the versions before (<44.30.1), mine was ok. Sometimes it did dry wipes, but not excessive - usually when it was quite dirty.

Similar experience, with 44.30.5.1 total travel of roughly 150km I had to keep pressing the wiper button.
Weirdly with the versions before (<44.30.1), mine was ok. Sometimes it did dry wipes, but not excessive - usually when it was quite dirty.
Yes they fixed the problem with wipers coming on too hard and fast or dry wipes by just not coming on now when it rains :)
I had to push the button and do it manually or select a number I wanted myself and leave it

Reactions: Sir Surfalot