Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Question to everyone with maniac wipers....do you have coated windscreen or at least have a sealant/rainx etc on the windscreen? I polished and stripped my windscreen a few days ago and my wipers were fine. I coated them this morning and the beading is crazy with water drops running up my windscreen. Now the wipers get really excited at the thought of rain and just go nuts. I think it throws the cameras off

do you have coated windscreen or at least have a sealant/rainx etc on the windscreen?
I don't bother.
I just used filtered water from my kitchen (which I think removes some of the calcium) mixed with a little general nothing special automotive windscreen washing additive from supercheap autos . No problems. Beading?. Meh all these beading "Treatments" are more of a problem than an actual benefit.

Question to everyone with maniac wipers....do you have coated windscreen or at least have a sealant/rainx etc on the windscreen? I polished and stripped my windscreen a few days ago and my wipers were fine. I coated them this morning and the beading is crazy with water drops running up my windscreen. Now the wipers get really excited at the thought of rain and just go nuts. I think it throws the cameras off
Having scrounged through several threads on the subject elsewhere on the site, people are avoiding using those products on their windscreen glass. The beading goads the wipers into a frenzy.

I do use RainX on the other external glass. I especially keep the rear camera well coated because it does tend to accumulate spray and dirt in wet conditions.

@paulp has written elsewhere on how they maintain the glass in their car.

I drove the Hume Melb-Sydney and back between Christmas and New Year in a MYP software 2023.44.30.5.1, on the way North we experienced intermittently extremely heavy rain near Pheasants Nest and the wipers went crazy the whole time.

On the way back there was some light to moderate rain and the wipers were exemplary, couldn’t wish for anything better.

No updates, rebooting etc between drives.

I see on some X discussion in the US late yesterday that “wiper problem was solved“

Who knows?

Reactions: Maximillan
Having scrounged through several threads on the subject elsewhere on the site, people are avoiding using those products on their windscreen glass. The beading goads the wipers into a frenzy.

I do use RainX on the other external glass. I especially keep the rear camera well coated because it does tend to accumulate spray and dirt in wet conditions.

@paulp has written elsewhere on how they maintain the glass in their car.
I use the gtechniq coating. It is better than uncoated glass on the model s wipers…and on the two other cars in my garage. Cannot comment on 3/Y

Reactions: Hairyman
It's like getting blood out of stone, isn't it?

Or is Wol just deliberately enjoying the suspense?
No, I'm really confused.
The FSD beta that's being run in the States is on numerous YouTube videos. My S came up with 2023.44.30.6 a day or two ago with the Navigate on autopilot (beta) Yes/No button which I've just realised isn't FSD. You'll have to excuse me - I had my 81st birthday yesterday and my stroke a year ago makes me confused.
I do find letting the car drive itself is much less tiring even without the Full Self Driving and makes me realise just how much mental activity is expended when "normal" without you being aware of it. When you have to think about every action and consequence on the fly you tire very quickly.
And yes, I did get my licence back after a medical,a long driving test and satisfying an occupational therapist in the back seat <g>..

I do find letting the car drive itself is much less tiring even without the Full Self Driving and makes me realise just how much mental activity is expended when "normal" without you being aware of it.
Absolutely. Having just done a 2000km road trip, the TACC plus Autosteer definitely reduces fatigue while driving.

Having said that, the Navigate on Autopilot function can actually be the opposite experience, having to constantly override poor lane changes/merges etc. This varies depending upon the road structure and mapping. I find the VIC section of the Hume Hwy is pretty good on NOA, but the NSW Hume Hwy is very bad with numerous crossovers that cause the vehicle much confusion. The TACC can brake suddenly when in the RH lane, and auto lane changes near these crossovers can have unexpected results. Basic Autosteer in the LH lane is pretty good though. The motorway section closer to Sydney is fine, and in fact Autopilot is not officially recommended for anything other than controlled-access motorways.