Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FWIW, I received 2024.2.3 and the only user interface change appears to be that the car will now issue a reminder to plug it in at home, if its battery is below 50%.
I’ve just updated as well. Two other changes I’ve noticed: (1) Turning on auto navigate on highways (using EAP) has two ding noises whereas it was previously three dings; (2) it was previously possible to set TACC to have a fixed offset from the identified speed limit for when you long press the right stalk down, even when the TACC is set to “current speed”; it is no longer possible to have this offset.

I’ve just updated as well. Two other changes I’ve noticed: (1) Turning on auto navigate on highways (using EAP) has two ding noises whereas it was previously three dings; (2) it was previously possible to set TACC to have a fixed offset from the identified speed limit for when you long press the right stalk down, even when the TACC is set to “current speed”; it is no longer possible to have this offset.
Thanks.
I don't have EAP and have the AP-initiation chimes turned off anyway.

I am not sure what you mean in point two. It has seemed to me to be the case that TACC always only allowed the speed-limit offset if it was set to "current speed limit" rather than "current speed".

Having said that, it seemed on my recent trip that the rules were different when I was on a motorway instead of a highway (I live a long way from motorways). Steering Assist would sometimes adjust my target speed to respect a higher or lower detected speed sign, but not always. I didn't get to try it out enough to know what was happening there, especially as I was alone in the car and focussing on driving rather than interpreting the cruise control behaviours.

I am not sure what you mean in point two. It has seemed to me to be the case that TACC always only allowed the speed-limit offset if it was set to "current speed limit" rather than "current speed".
That was probably the intention but the practice was different. You could set the speed offset while in “current speed limit”, then change to “current speed” and the offset would hold. Now, the offset changes to 0 km/hr. It was probably a bug that I had exploited and they’ve fixed the bug.

It's strange how people's perception varies regarding functions of the car. I find both Auto headlights and Auto wipers are just fine.
I think the wipers are a fair criticism, they work fine in the rain for me, but I do get the odd single dry wipe, more so when the screen is dirty, but enough when it's not to know it's not perfect. I see a lot of people and video evidence of them not wiping correctly. I do believe they are doing testing and there are various sensitivities out there, which accounts for the varying experiences.

I am confident they will resolve it, I think if they can't in the near future they are going to have to admit defeat and take a different approach, but I honestly don't believe it will come down to that.

It's strange how people's perception varies regarding functions of the car. I find both Auto headlights and Auto wipers are just fine.
I do not believe the issue is peoples perception, I believe they are rather inconsistent across the fleet. Last month I happened to go in a mates car and we both have Model 3 and were on same firmware version. During that drive in full on rain his car wipers worked perfectly fine on auto with no issues. Correct wipe speed during rain and stopped wiping in a tunnel and such. The next day in my car very similar day and rain, my wipers were wiping one wipe every 3-5 seconds in full on rain with no visibility. then few days later on my car in perfectly dry weather in the evening around sunset, my wipers started dry wiping for no reason at just standard speed and kept on going until I manually turned them off.
I had major issues with the auto wipers since the Christmas update. Have not had a chance to test them since yesterday's update to 2024.2.3 but I hope they fix them. Last year probably 80% of the year the wipers were mostly fine. It would appear that some updates just make it real bad then next few try to fix them until they are mostly fine and then another update just breaks them again.

I do not believe the issue is peoples perception, I believe they are rather inconsistent across the fleet. Last month I happened to go in a mates car and we both have Model 3 and were on same firmware version. During that drive in full on rain his car wipers worked perfectly fine on auto with no issues. Correct wipe speed during rain and stopped wiping in a tunnel and such. The next day in my car very similar day and rain, my wipers were wiping one wipe every 3-5 seconds in full on rain with no visibility. then few days later on my car in perfectly dry weather in the evening around sunset, my wipers started dry wiping for no reason at just standard speed and kept on going until I manually turned them off.
I had major issues with the auto wipers since the Christmas update. Have not had a chance to test them since yesterday's update to 2024.2.3 but I hope they fix them. Last year probably 80% of the year the wipers were mostly fine. It would appear that some updates just make it real bad then next few try to fix them until they are mostly fine and then another update just breaks them again.
It seems inconceivable, although I'm not doubting what you say, that the same update in the same vehicle can produce varying conditions. What on earth is going on?

I think the wipers are a fair criticism, they work fine in the rain for me, but I do get the odd single dry wipe, more so when the screen is dirty, but enough when it's not to know it's not perfect. I see a lot of people and video evidence of them not wiping correctly. I do believe they are doing testing and there are various sensitivities out there, which accounts for the varying experiences.

I am confident they will resolve it, I think if they can't in the near future they are going to have to admit defeat and take a different approach, but I honestly don't believe it will come down to that.
To be fair, the wipers (auto) in our old 2017 E Class Benz were just as good but it had a dedicated rain sensor on the windshield. Maybe Tesla should go that way (Ha!)

It seems inconceivable, although I'm not doubting what you say, that the same update in the same vehicle can produce varying conditions. What on earth is going on?
Well, technically not exactly same car. So I bought my first Model 3 in 2019 was US made, then he bought his Model 3 Performance in 2021 and I upgraded mine in 2023 to Model 3 LR, his was probably made at the time there was massive chip shortage so possibly used alternate chips in it when they could not get enough of same kind of chips. Each batch of cars can have different suppliers and parts slightly. Tesla adjusts their software to accommodate those different hardware options but you cannot really say the cars are same if they came from different batches as Tesla constantly updates and changes things.

To help answer that, on several occasions I’ve reported issues on items and tesla have uploaded a patch to my software. I questioned why that wasnt just proactively uploaded to all cars. I was advised that it is only uploaded to cars if they have the problem

• Informative
Reactions: Hairyman
I have wondered whether there is variability in the way the cameras are mounted or something similar. I drove in varying levels of rain repeatedly last week and the wipers were terrible. I mean, the rain could be so heavy that the windscreen was completely awash and the Auto wipers wouldn't turn on.

I thought exactly the same... until today driving in Sydney's torrential downpour and heading down the M5 back home.

Too slow to activate, too slow to ramp up to speed.

So I think in normal/moderate conditions they work quite well, maybe the more extreme/heavy rainfall they just can't cut it. I also think the heavy fine spray off trucks when the road is awash, even though it may not be raining hard, it does not respond well.

I've only ever had them auto wipe once when no rain present, and I think a bug had hit the camera screen.

I see a lot of people are getting updates to 2024.2.3 and 2024.2.6. I only got 2024.2.2.1 a week or so ago, and nothing since. Is there some sort of algorithm that determines where/which cars they want to target first? Or am I just special in being left behind? 🤪
Nah, it's a random staged rollout.

You can see on the TeslaFi Firmware Tracker that there's 6 different versions with significant numbers of installations out there right now, including three from the 2023.44.30 branch.